Back To The Hobby RSM C-130

Discussion in 'Red Sea Max Owners Club' started by crownsbroyal, Dec 6, 2017.

1. crownsbroyal

crownsbroyal New Member

After a 5 year hiatus from the hobby, I will be setting up a RSM C-130. I used to have a 90 gal mixed reef and a 28 gal JBJ all in one. A friend gave me a C-130 to get me back in the hobby, lets see how this works out. I have limited time for husbandry so I would like to try to keep things on the simple side, but as you know that never lasts with reef keeping. So far I have bleached some Pukani rock from BRS and it is now sitting in a bin with water and a declorinator. I have also bought SteveLED upgrade for the tank as I plan to house some SPS (Yes I know I said simple). I plan to use an MP10qd for circulation. I have a pair of Onyx Perc Clowns in my friends quarantine tank. I do plan on trying to add Dr. Tims one and only to help cycle this tank. I will be adding some media from a friends existing tank and also using some clean live sand. I will try to update this thread with pics and details as I go.

SPR, Pat24601, Nobbygas and 1 other person like this.
  2. crownsbroyal

crownsbroyal New Member

Ok, My rocks have been bleach and now I'm going to start getting it ready. I cleaned out the tank and the pumps with a vinegar solution. When cleaning out the skimmer pump, I dropped and lost the little rubber "condom" (for lack of a better term) at the end of the shaft that the needle wheel sits on. Do they sell replacements for these?? Is it even worth replacing, or should I just get a tunze 9001 for this tank? Can someone with experience chime in and let me know which skimmer is better for the tank and if that rubber piece is replaceable?

I made a structure with the Pukani rock and some epoxy, trying to figure out an aqua scape. I'll post some pics of the scape....

IMG_1389(1).jpg IMG_1392(1).jpg IMG_1393.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 2:05 PM
    SPR and Pat24601 like this.
  3. crownsbroyal

crownsbroyal New Member

Oh, Also, If I do get the Tunze 9001, do I also need to get an Intank media rack or can it be used without it?

Pat24601 likes this.
  4. Pat24601

Pat24601 Well-Known Member

Reef Chronicle:
    Yup
    Great start! Welcome back!