Awesome blue coral (acropora?) where should i put it?!

ed84g

Hey,

Im new here but ive been around a few other forums and i liked this one the best so hit the registration button!

Ive had my aquarium for about 8 months (going to do a blog soon) and i bought this the other day. The colour on it is amazing and i dont want it to fade. Can anybody give me some advice on placement for light and other requirements plase? Also i somebody could confirm the name of it that would be great!

Thanks
imag0439ok.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Very nice coral......ideally with it being an SPS you want good water, flow and lighting.

How is your tank set up? Whta kind of equipment? If you post a full tank shot we might be able to help you with placement.

ed84g

thanks guys, ithere were actually 3 in the store when i walked in... 2 other guys that got in before me grabbed the other 2 so i was left with this one. The guy got them in in the morning and they were all gone by 5:15 (i left work early for a visit to the fish store :))!

ahhhhhhhh.... Ive just started a chronicle so i cant give the full tank shot away yet!!!at the moment ive got it sat on the sand towards the front with good flow but its a little bit shadey. Ive got a stop near the top that also has good flow and will give it much stronger light if you think that would be better suited?

Also, is the white bit at the back dead? i have another one that is a sort of yellow/grey colour and about half of that is bright white as well. im assuming that has possibly come from a lack of light since the white part is the bit that was hidden behind a rock.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
If it is bare skeleton then yes it is dead but it can certainly be alive..... You'll just need to look closely. The rest of the coral looks healthy. What kind of lighting and what size tank?

ed84g

It's a 180l tank, lighting is 1 45 watt juwel high lite blue and 1 45 watt white. I've got it on the sand in an area with good flow at the moment

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm not sure how to interpret your lighting but if u had to take a guess it is on the low side for an acropora.