Aussie Peninsular Video.

Mandy11

HI,
First of all I would like to say thank you for all the people that voted for this tank to win Tank of the Month.
It means a lot to a newbie reefer like myself & it helps me stay very motivated for the future.

I thought instead of keeping a photo diary of the tank, I would start taking a video every 3 months on the tanks progress. Its very easy to forget how small that particular fish was, or how that coral has grown.
So I thought I would post video just taken on the 8.11.2015 and then again in another 3 months and see the changes.

I have had a bit of a crappy run with a few Gonipora's. I up until now have had no problem keeping them, extended and very healthy. Some for 2 yrs and others for less.
I have recently lost 5 of my reds, very sad day for me, as I have not only a lot of money invested in them, but have taken great care of them too.
I don't know what happened, but the 5 I lost, just started closing and then peeling away in the flow. I coral dipped, moved and fed to no avail.
What ever happened seemed to be Goni related only, no other coral was affected and it seems to have stopped now.
I did have a doser break on me and it was over a week before I noticed, I dose a lot and I had a massive ALk drop, so maybe it was that, i really don't know. But all remaining Goni's are now doing fine, thank goodness.

Here is a quick video I took with my Iphone, when I decided that I wanted to keep a video diary. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks once again.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:sunshine: Very BEAUTIFUL. VIDEO :geekin:
Hope you keep your thread also updated with more still photos.
Your coral colors & rockscape & fish look amazing!
I think it is OK to give up on the gonipora, save the $$$ cause your tank looks great! :)

Mandy11

:sunshine: Very BEAUTIFUL. VIDEO :geekin:
Hope you keep your thread also updated with more still photos.
Your coral colors & rockscape & fish look amazing!
I think it is OK to give up on the gonipora, save the $$$ cause your tank looks great! :)
Oh I haven't given up on gonis. Still my fav coral. I still have 8-9 left. And these remain healthy ! Thank you !