August 2012 POTM Contest~

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
August's contest theme will be "SPS - Plating"

Show us your favorite Plating SPS in your tank and you might be the lucky winner!!

Cap_tv.JPG

Winner will receive a gift from My Reef to Yours. This month's prize will be:
$50 Gift Certificate from the gang at My Reef to Yours!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
  • 1) ONE photo per contestant
  • 2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
  • 3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank).
  • 4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed
  • 5) Past winners will be ineligible from entering future contests for a period of two (2) months - let's give others a chance to win
  • 6) Photos MUST be uploaded to the August 2012 POTM Gallery by midnight (EST) August 31st.
In order to UPLOAD you go to the link Login - ReefSanctuary Photos and then pick the current contest (at the bottom of the list on my screen) then UPLOAD! It's some kind of glitch in the new Photo Gallery Software....

Sorry, no moderators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all eligible uploaded photos will be available after the upload deadline date.

NOTE: Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!August 2012 POTM Gallery

Last edited:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
:LOL: too late Matt,I done gone and seen this here thread...I might post something,it may not be my orange and sour apple caps though :D

Damn dude. I'm gunnin for ya just can't get a pic to look worth a crap.

2012-08-15_19-36-41_907.jpg

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore

Willie McDaries

Damn dude. I'm gunnin for ya just can't get a pic to look worth a crap.

2012-08-15_19-36-41_907.jpg

you got my vote already,I like it...that is sweet,why have I not seen that before ? :D

somethings wrong with the POTM album,there's no upload button LOL

dmatt88

you got my vote already,I like it...that is sweet,why have I not seen that before ? :D

somethings wrong with the POTM album,there's no upload button LOL

I'm curious how it'll look in a year. Purple monti. 2 different greens. 2 different reds. N a superman. Who's gonna win.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Can I play? lol

ljgfs111.jpg

The purple one is about 12"X6"X6" and has just started to touch the top of the water column. I swear it grows an inch a month give or take, the red grows much slower but is about 8" front to back and is about 3/8" from the millie next to him (the millie looks tiny but is about 4" tall). Both are due for a major trimming, you can see where I snapped some pieces off the purple one a week ago because it was shading a millie down lower.

I will also throw in a piece of each of these monti caps (just remind me when you place your order) to the winner this month so get your cameras out!

Willie McDaries

I'm curious how it'll look in a year. Purple monti. 2 different greens. 2 different reds. N a superman. Who's gonna win.

do all of 'em seem to be doing OK together ? I've heard that some would fight,I was told that I couldn't put my orange and purple together

dmatt88

Can I play? lol

ljgfs111.jpg

The purple one is about 12"X6"X6" and has just started to touch the top of the water column. I swear it grows an inch a month give or take, the red grows much slower but is about 8" front to back and is about 3/8" from the millie next to him (the millie looks tiny but is about 4" tall). Both are due for a major trimming, you can see where I snapped some pieces off the purple one a week ago because it was shading a millie down lower.

I will also throw in a piece of each of these monti caps (just remind me when you place your order) to the winner this month so get your cameras out!

Showoff.

dmatt88

do all of 'em seem to be doing OK together ? I've heard that some would fight,I was told that I couldn't put my orange and purple together

They are intertwining all seems well. Superman is separate tho we'll see.