Attacked.

DaveK

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Regretfully, that's what a trigger is going to do if it gets in a territorial battle or it sees the bluespot as food. That is just their nature.

Oxylebius

Guilty party
4ana3aty.jpg

Beautiful trigger. It was just natural behavior.
Sorry for the loss of the blue spot.

fsarmien

Yeah triggers arent really friendly fish. They may be friendly at first but fish do change behaviors in time. You would have to check other fish that are compatible with it next time. I wouldn't be surprised if he started attacking the tang one day.

thedru13

That would totally suck. Oddly enough the tang can swim in and out of the triggers cove no issue even hang out in there. They dont' bother each other much. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Yeah triggers arent really friendly fish. They may be friendly at first but fish do change behaviors in time. You would have to check other fish that are compatible with it next time. I wouldn't be surprised if he started attacking the tang one day.

Oxylebius

I had a trigger for 5 years w/o any issues of it attacking any other fish. Aggression can depend on many many factors (type of trigger, tank mates, size of tank, etc., etc.)