Ask Red Sea

Discussion in 'Red Sea' started by Witfull, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Witfull

Witfull Well-Known Member

this thread is for SPECIFIC questions to the RSM company rep. please use the other threads to find out tips and tricks and ideas. this thread is basically for company support issues.

2. Arreola

Arreola New Member

steveh - I've been looking for a Red Sea Distributor in Mexico.
    So far the people from "Vanguardia Acuaristica" (Red Sea rep in Mexico) have not answer my questions and also do not have any replacement parts (Fans, bulbs, etc). Their customer support is really bad.

Is if possible to have parts send directly intenational?
    Do you have any other rep in Mexico?

Thank you
    Arreola

3. Witfull

Witfull Well-Known Member

ive sent a PM to Steve with the links to this thread and the RSM sub-forum.

US Contact:
    Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  4. Arreola

Arreola New Member

Thank you Witfull!!!
    Its been hard to get some support from Red Sea here in Mexico. Hope that Steve can do someting about that.

5. slakker

slakker New Member

I posted a thread on Timer Mod and it was discussed that the 130D will have a digital timer... I guess that's what the "D" stands for? :)

I was wondering if anyone from Red Sea can answer whether the new digital timer can be purchased separately and installed into a stock 130 hood, or does the whole hood needs to be replaced?

6. Don Pooley

Don Pooley New Member

I recently purchased my first marine tank (second hand from the pet store) and i need to find a place to order a cooling fan and a few other bits. All the places i have found online only ship to the US and i live in Canada. Can someone help me with finding a supplier. Thanks

7. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member
    RS STAFF

Reef Chronicle:
    Yup
    Strange place to post your first post Don but try this place: WindyDayzz.com
    Welcome to RS :)

8. Reefmack

Reefmack NaClH2O Addicted
    PREMIUM

Don Pooley - first of all......

:welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the Red Sea Max Owner Club and Forum! Please check out the other RSM forum sections, as well as the rest of Reef Sanctuary, and keep in touch with us on your tank.

Since you got the tank second hand, you may be looking to replace the hood fans that can get get quite noisy after a while? If I recall correctly the hood fans are 50 mm fans - a size that can be difficult to find. I would think that the hood fans as well as the add-on fan/power supply that fits in the back lip could be sent to you in Canada by Red Sea here in the US. Here's some Red Sea US contact information that may be useful to you (and others):

Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

pinky@redseafish.com

or

redseainfo@redseafish.com

Pinky has been a great help to a lot of us and your best bet would be to either call the toll free number (if it works from Canada) or send an email to Pinky at the above email address.

I hope this helps you. (there are times I think I should be on the Red Sea payroll :) )

9. Don Pooley

Don Pooley New Member

Reef mackā€¦thanks very much for your help.

I would have to agree with you, you should probably get some kind of kickback from Red Sea.

I will contact them pretty soon as I am looking to get the temperature down in my tank to start with.

Thanks again

DP

10. Reefmack

Reefmack NaClH2O Addicted
    PREMIUM

Don Pooley - you're welcome. If you put the little cooling fan in the back, be sure to pop out the little plastic piece on the back lip that's meant for chiller access. That will give the hot air a place to escape easier. Some also leave that back flap up to get some heat out of the hood - it doesn't look as nice, but it helps. With winter coming on you'll be looking to keep the tank warm, rather than cooling it LOL! By the way, be sure that your heat problem isn't due to the heater being turned too high, or that it's not sticking on. The adjustment dials on the heater may not be very accurate. But, if you have any FW experience you may know this already.

11. steveh

steveh Member

Mexico availability

Dear Arreola, I have passed your details on to our Sales Director and will keep you posted. We will ensure you get the support you require. Steve

12. steveh

steveh Member

Digital timer

Hi Slakker, the "D" actually stands for "Deluxe", as there's more than a dozen changes/upgrades between the original Max 130 and the 130D. We had originally planned a digital timer, and it made it into some early literature. However, we have elected to stick with the high quality German Grasslin timer, which has been bullet-proof so far. We will continue to work on the digital version, but will not release it until we are 100% confident in its reliability and performance. To date we have no short-mid term plans to introduce it.

13. steveh

steveh Member

Cooling fans

Reefmack- you are a star! Thanks for the helpful advise to other RSM owners, we appreciate it.
    The fans are a replaceable item, and once they start making a larger than original noise, should be replaced. Contact Pinky, as ReefMack suggests.

14. Intranick

Intranick New Member

the topic of this thread suggests this is true for all Red Sea products if this is true, i have the following question for you:

now there are a few controversial topics.. one is how needed a protein skimmer is, most people here say its cruel not to have one, but I have seen dozens if not over a hundred tanks of various sizes that dont have them, with going 1 to 10 years of not having one.. -- that isn't the real question I guess -- I want one either way

Now.. the Red Sea Prizm skimmer, a I hear a lot of complaints about, and a lot of die hard fans -- being somebody with a limited budget.. do you have any info to prove or disprove (as a rep, you'd prolly try to prove I know.. but links, information, etc) how a prizm skimmer would perform in my 40 breeder? (check my chronicle -- 40 breeder club if you want to know a bit about it) (keep in mind against a lot of recommendations, I am truly considering this.. but I'd like to hear some info on why its good.. if you'd like to talk to me on the phone (the method I prefer honestly, ad.. again ill let you in on some insider thoughts I dont let most companies in on, phone calls are more personal to me and will win me over faster :p) or some other arrangement, pm me and we'll go from there)

15. Arreola

Arreola New Member

Re: Mexico availability

Thank you Steve.
    Its been hard for all Mexicans that have the MAX to get our hands on replacement parts.
    I just call the distrubuitor for Mexico and they said that in les than 60 days will have the replacement parts ready to ship to the customers.
    Jus hope that this is correct.

Thank you
    Arreola

16. sprintermike

sprintermike New Member

steveh,
    I'm looking to get a RSM by Christmas...I was operating under the assumption, perhaps false, that the 130D was already "out".
    Can you give any timeline, to the nearest 6 months, of when you expect retailers to have this model in stock?
    Also, will the price be the same or nearly the same?
    Thanks for any info.

17. steveh

steveh Member

Arreola- we spoke to Vanguardia, and I believe they have been in touch. Regarding shipping dates for them, I don't have these but I am sure they will have told you all they know with regards to availability

18. steveh

steveh Member

Hey Sprinter, the Max 130D is due out in the next 2 weeks in the USA. You'll need to check the various lfs stores for pricing. If anyone wants info on the 130D then Red Sea USA can email out a tech sheet pdf.

19. steveh

steveh Member

Intranick- this forum really is for Max enquiries only so rather than start a thread which may not interest Max owners, I'll PM you.

20. Arreola

Arreola New Member

Steveh -
    I talked to Vanguardia last week, and they told me that in aprox 50 days they will recieve the replacement parts for the RSM.

Any news on when the 250 will be available?
    Regards
    Arreola