Aquascaping

Jiddy

Okay. couple of things. I will be aqauscapin my aquarium AGAIN for a couple of reasons, hopefully this weekend. (Im sure PufferPrincess is reading this like "WHAT?") but i had to ask some questions. I am redo'ing it because the way it is setup now, you can only put corals on top, its not like a "slope" where you can put corals at any level, plus i got some of that "putty" and it works nice, so maybe i can make a neat bridge or something. But im also doing this to catch three stoges named Emerald Crab's, since i cant catch them with the rocks, you know i told myself when it took me 5hrs to catch the damsel that i was going to research more before adding somthing to the tank, of course they were already in there, anyways..... My questions are, can you put rocks on the backwall of a tank, i know this will be a "Nitrate trap" but how is it any differant then rock on the bottom of the tank??? That way i can put the rock on the back wall and add a nice slope down to the front. Also, since a big reason ill be takin my rock out is to catch anything that i think killed my two clowns i need some suggestions on that, should i take the rock out or set it in some FW, i have some nice coralline growth, but that is the least of my priorities, would like some suggestions on that, i doubt i have a mantis, but would like to go throu the motions as thou i did. I had more but i started ramblin to much, thank you for you time

Jiddy Bang Bang

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo: Jiddy.... 5 hrs to catch a damsel!! You are indeed devoted! :)

Reaquascaping? get lots of coolers, containers, and towels ;) I don't know if you read my thread about the "clickers" in my tank but just a few weeks ago, I removed every rock from the aquarium, dipped them in fw (4-5 quick dunks) and then placed them into containers filled with saltwater, took a short break and then reaquascaped. I was successful at removing 2 pistol shrimps! :D They came darting out of the rocks as I was doing the fw dip. I had no cycle afterwards and everything is doing great! This may be an option for you... let me know if you have any questions~

(ohhhh.. don't make your wife do all the work :p )