HELP! Aquaforest balling method

Could someone please explain to me how the balling method works with aquaforest products. I know how to prepare the 3 solutions ( Ca, Mg, KH buffer, mineral salts + strong componets), I know i much to add of this solutions if KH and/ or Ca levels are low, but what about the mineral salts solution??

Is anybody using this method???

Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Antics

Wish I could offer more assistance. Not sure about an Aquaforest thread on Reef Sanctuary, but I've seen a handful over at RC.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

DaveK

Lets step back for a moment. Personally, I have always been suspicious about any dousing regime put together by a vendor. I can't help but think that they are more interested in selling me their product, rather than helping me keep my reef system going.

When you get into reef systems, look at what others are doing, especially the people that have those really fantastic reefs. You'll see that there are many good ways to run a system. It then becomes rather obvious that you don't necessarily need a lot of the stuff vendors are trying to sell you.

Now to get back to your original question. I have a few questions for you.

How big a tank are we talking about?
What are your current water parameters? (please post exact readings)
What livestock are you keeping in the system?
What is wrong or different about your system that makes you want to use the Aquaforest balling method? (or similar method)

Antics

I did a little more reading on the subject after my original post. I'm not really going to try it out, but apparently there is a fish-specific supplement they offer. I'm interested in seeing how that works, but perhaps results would be difficult to quantify.

Antics

Apparently one of our distributors at work is an NA distributor for Aquaforest. I'm interested in trying out a few of their products when I finally get around to maintaining coral. If I do so I will document it. Doesn't really help answer your question now but it's something to look forward to, although my feedback will be from a new system. ;)