Anyone using an eshoppes 300 overflow on an RSM250?

I have a 300 and a sump that I would love to get hooked up on my 250 but the flow box looks like it needs to sit too low in the left chamber.

Anybody have any experience/ideas?

Thanks!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Are you going to remove the skimmer and go with an in sump skimmer?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well if you remove the stock skimmer, you should be able to install it in the center middle chamber.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hmmmmm, not sure why you think that. I have a lifereef overflow and looking at the pics of the eshoppes it looks quite similar. I only had to cut a 1 inch piece out of the back flap of the hood for the overflow pipe to fit and that was all.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If you use the LifeReef and still want to use your stock skimmer, you'll have to place the overflow where the cooling fans are located. Otherwise, your correct the inner box will not fit with your stock skimmer in place.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Here are some pictures I took when I first installed it. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about, if not let me know and I'll take some more tonight.

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

Thanks goma,
I got it. My issue is just that I have to either get the inner box really low in the sump (and my u pipe doesn't reach far enough) or raise the water level in the rear sumps to pretty high levels. It appears as if you have the inner box about as low as it will go.
I was planning on using the left sump rather than the skimmer chamber.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yes, I actually modified the bracket the inner box sits on so it would go even lower than the original design. I just used a dremel with a diamond cutting rod and removed some of the acrylic and was able to lower it quite a bit.

True, if you are going to try and use the left sump, you may have to do some major hood modifications.