Anyone use Prazipro X for de-worming? Question for Leebca

Ashr

Hello all

I have a yellow tang that had stringy white poop last night.. lots of it. Now this is the first time I have seen him do this. He eats well and does not look like he has lost weight. He is still young and small though.

I have read that this is most likely a worm that needs to be remove. I am setting up my QT right now for him.

I have read that Prazipro X works really well and wanted to see if anyone else has used it.

PS: I know my tank is to small for the tang, he was a gift and will be selling him when he gets bigger. Just letting the tang police know haha :)

Rhodes19

I've soaked food in Prazipro then fed the fish. They didn't like the taste of it but they got some of it. I did that once a week for 3 weeks while they were in QT. HTH

Ashr

So with Prazi Pond Plus I can add this right to the DT? It says it is reef safe.. want to know what others think?

Thanks

oakleyx

Hi Ashr,

I used it in my RSM 250 and its fine. I just followed lee's directions and mixed it the the food. I also mixed it with Seachem Focus so it would bond to the food better.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Ashr

Think Ill have to order some. Up here in Canada it costs me 59.95 for the 10g one.. ouch lol. i wont get it for about 4 days as well :(

leebca

Nothing is better than feeding medicated food to a marine fish with intestinal problems. One of the best things about using the right medication (for food) is that the fish can remain in its current display tank. It couldn't get any easier than this -- for the fish.

Try to find a group near you or someone to share the costs of getting the right medication. I think more of the fish than I do of the hobbyist! :rolleyes:

Ashr

Do you think this stuff is safe off ebay?

Edit: Added the below. Says not good for reef tanks... guess i should look else ware

Detailed Item Description:

For sale is a bulk container of praziquantel fish medication. Each container treats 455 gallons, one time. Praziquantel is an effective anti-parasitic for treating gill flukes, anchor worms, fish lice, capillaria worms, tape worms, and intestinal parasites such as nematodes. Praziquantel is safe for freshwater and marine fish, but not reef tanks. This product can be used on sharks. When using this product it must be mixed with ethyl alcohol (vodka) to become soluble in water.

Ashr

I was able to find some (Prazi Pond Plus) close to me here in BC. They are shipping out today!

Ashr

Thanks SC

I was able to order PonziPond Pro.. To bad up here in Canada it cost me an arm and leg...

I have ordred and its in the mail

How much should I use for my tank? Will there be a easy way to use this?