anyone running a fluval canister type filtration in their biocube?

Uslanja

We are running the Fluval 205 on our 23 gallon nano. But we also have an Aqua Clear 110 HOB (AC110) converted to a refugium as well as a 10 gallon sump running a 100 micron filter sock and a Reef Octopus NWB-110 protein skimmer. We use the fluval with the sponge filters as well as carbon and purigen pouches in the media trays. The Mag-2 return pump from the sump in addition to the AC110 fuge and the fluval provide a turn over rate of 50X in our tank. We would have no hesitation in running a canister filter on a marine tank but we are very diligent in regard to keeping things clean. We find allot of Amphipods in the fluval and return every one of them to the tank. We even found a small mushroom growing inside of it!

Brady92

i have a friend that is running a canister similar to that one im not sure if its that model but i know its a fluval and he loves it

kain101

I am running a 305 also. I like, I want to get the surface skimmer attachment for it. But other than that it is good.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
you have not stated what your tank is going to be oriented around? If its fish only sure why not.. if its corals save the money for more live rock. Canister filters are only as good as the maintenance preformed on them, if you can't clean it every 2 or 3 days its going to be a problem

Doogle

you have not stated what your tank is going to be oriented around? If its fish only sure why not.. if its corals save the money for more live rock. Canister filters are only as good as the maintenance preformed on them, if you can't clean it every 2 or 3 days its going to be a problem

A biocube, right? Well a 205 is on my 41 gallon freshwater planted, and I have one also cycling my 29 gallon salt. They don't move a lot of water so if you want extra flow the 305 will help. A canister takes water runs it thru a sponge and carbon and returns it to the tank...much like a sump. Take 7 minutes and clean it every week.