Anyone ordered from Blue Zoo Aquatics lately?

Ratpack

I read some of the feedback on here and it seemed positive, but it was from 2010. Anyone have any more recent experiences? They have cleaner shrimp on sale for $13 and since I lost all of mine in the power outage, I would like to replace them. May also look at the Powder Blue Tang as well.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
They are a good company......I've had mixed results on my orders though (warsse came in with stuff hanging from his mouth and died). If you get refunded, your refund can only be applied towards the cost of the item and cannot be used for shipping so its not a true "credit".......just usable for livestock.

Up to you - lots of vendors but BZ isn't bad

Choff

I had a small issue with blue zoo and had a mixed experience with their CS.

First the good. I ordered 100 assorted snails from them and 98 arrived alive. I find that an incredibly high success ratio compared to my cuc orders from live aquaria and reef cleaners (although john always sends extras). I also ordered a paired Goby and pistol shrimp. They forgot to send the shrimp. No big deal, mistakes happen and I can forgive that. What i did find annoying was it took more than 1 call and a couple of emails before I actually got ahold of someone that could address the issue. This happened on a Friday and they didn't respond until Tuesday. They did offer to send me the shrimp and not just give me credit which I was impressed with. I don't for a second believe it was the same shrimp my goby had paired with. Not that big of a deal, but they charge 20 bucks over the price of a single goby and a single pistol shrimp if they are paired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtsully71

I pretty much strictly use BZ as my experience with them over the years has been great. BTW they have Barnacle Blennies in stock right now, wish my tank was cycled, but I may just order a couple and put em in my 130 with my other 2 until I can move em. I love these guys :heart:

blazend

Ordered 3 fish on Thursday i paid for saturday shipping. My divided wrasse was DOA. Within 48 hrs i had received a refund or credit to there site.

The other 2 fish were great quality.