Another successful mantis molt

PIMPALA

Well, my baby girl did it again. She molts about every 6-9 months. This is I think the 6th or 7th time shes molted. But its the FIRST time that Ive captured it on video, and the first time I was brave enough to stick my hands in the tank and remove the molt almost completely in tact.

Here is a couple of pics, and a couple of videos. The first vid you can see her working her way out of the shell, and in the second one, she pops out, and is laying next to it on her back.

Pretty cool to watch!

videos still uploading. will post in a couple minutes.

PIMPALA

sorry for the stupid vertical videos. I was on my phone and forgot to flip it.

Part 1:

[video=youtube;QlGOzHsN8MA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlGOzHsN8MA[/video]

PIMPALA

Sadly, she passed away last week. Dont know why, but she was found stuck in some rockwork... so thats all I can assume. :(

sad, sad day in my family. all of the kids gathered around a tree as we buried her. :(

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Sadly, she passed away last week. Dont know why, but she was found stuck in some rockwork... so thats all I can assume. :(

sad, sad day in my family. all of the kids gathered around a tree as we buried her. :(

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that.

Coralz

hey with the molt will they place them outside of the borrow? Or just keep inside?
I have a 1" peacock baby still playing hide'n'seek in a rock still lol.

PIMPALA

You never know. I've had several different ones and they all have their own personalities and do different things.