• I'm from another site and i'm moving here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I go to all the sites, no particular fave

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • This site is more user friendly

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The people here are more friendly

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I think this site could improve( Please elaborate)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • We have better polling here

• Its more professional here

• We could have more diversity in forums

• We have the best forums

• I don't find this poll usefull

• The worst forum on this site is(name it)

• The best forum on this site is (name it)

• A forum we should have is (name it )

• I wouldn't change site never

• I never when to any other site but this one since i found it

• I've been on this site for 1 to 5 years

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I've been on this site for 6-10 years

• Great poll

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Well i'm going to the point! I like this site best!, I've been to lots of other site before this one and i'm also member to other sites. And i'd like to know your opinion on the subject. Now lets get real; everybody goes to more than one site and everybody have their fave. So take the time and say how you view this site, The mods and creators of this site are probably wondering how they're doing and how to improve but don't know how to ask, so i'm asking for them. The best feature of this site and what other site have that this one would benefit, you can poll or put it in writting. Thank, for your time.

Basile

From my experience on RC , its too rigid, you can only edit for 60 min, here 24 hours, their features are not intuative and you have to be on make post if you want privileges and so on, not friendly at all. They do have good info and some great topic. This site could use how ever a contest forum. with maybe prizes . Like a suscription to a magazine. It could be about the best pict of the year, the best posts throughout the year, something to incite voting kinda thing. To finance this thing , well very easy, if you want to vote ; you got to pay an entry fee for that particular forum. something like that.Let here those ideas.

Dweezil

I have to say as a newbie I have looked around at many sites while trying to do research. This is by far the best one. The forums are great and easy to navigate. The people are WONDERFUL. Very friendly and helpful without being cold and impersonal. All the mods i've seen are very professional and fun. There was at least one post on here that I thought "If I were a mod I would kick their butt right off of here." Clearly the poster was trying to be argumentative but they maintained their cool and simply remained professional. I Love this site!

Basile

I have to say as a newbie I have looked around at many sites while trying to do research. This is by far the best one. The forums are great and easy to navigate. The people are WONDERFUL. Very friendly and helpful without being cold and impersonal. All the mods i've seen are very professional and fun. There was at least one post on here that I thought "If I were a mod I would kick their butt right off of here." Clearly the poster was trying to be argumentative but they maintained their cool and simply remained professional. I Love this site!

I think your right, the Mods in other site seem content at being right, and are yes impersonal, i must agree. This was the second site i found after the RC kicked me out because of a difference in opinion. They don't like to be wrong or when you disagree with them. Here you can discuss a subject, and if not in accord with them they just let you be .

sneaks03

I have been to other sites researching things, and this one was definitely the first one that jumped out at me and i felt i had to join. I am thankfull in doing so. I joined a forum that will go unnamed and when I asked a question about a piece of equipment, i was banned for spamming. It was my first and only post on that site. When I petitioned the mods, they simply ignored my plea and apology. The mods here are sooooo much better than almost any forum i have ever been to, not just those related to fish or reef.

Last edited:

lcstorc

Sorry, I had to edit the poll.
All forums have their place and everyone has their favorite but we don't want to have options in the poll that reflect negatively on other forums. Remember, the poll goes on the front page.
Any editorial comments go in the thread but I request that we all play nice and keep this thread positive with good suggestions rather than to speak negatively about any site.
I would much rather see.
RS allows more freedom in discussions.
than
XXX doesn't allow free discussion.
I think you get the point.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I like this thread (how could I not right?) but I need to ask that EVERYONE keep this RS minded and not sling any mud towards other forums. We all have our weaknesses but we need to keep it nice and stay "On Topic" here :)

Basile

:woohoo: :girlthumb: :snshne: :chair: :clink: :winner: :hug1: :crowd: :thumber:
I like this thread (how could I not right?) but I need to ask that EVERYONE keep this RS minded and not sling any mud towards other forums. We all have our weaknesses but we need to keep it nice and stay "On Topic" here :)

No problem guys, i was being inquisitive only, no mud restling intended, LOl. It was also to acknowledge the great work that is being done here, by this site. No declaration of war intended. Peace,:hallo: :dance:

Basile

All forums have their place and everyone has their favorite but we don't want to have options in the poll that reflect negatively on other forums. Remember, the poll goes on the front page.
Any editorial comments go in the thread but I request that we all play nice and keep this thread positive with good suggestions rather than to speak negatively about any site.
I would much rather see.
than

No problem Lynn , thats cool, i understand, peace.:angel4:

sneaks03

I would much rather see.
than

I edited my original post to better meet these requests. I completely understand why.

zy112

I def. prefer this site and is where I spend 90% of my time, however I will give RC credit for an abundance of info and very experienced hobbyist.

I was here right around when this site was started, i think, and its came a long ways continuously improving (not that it was ever bad).

Adam Black

I prefer being on a forum with alot of knowledge and experience people. I like to look at build threads and see high end equipment. People doing it right the first time. My flavor of the month is the zeo forum. It's actually been the flavor of the last 6 months.

Basile

For my fave forum, i think its clear i like the Polling ones, LOL, how can you tell , just count how many i,ve started LOL. I like other people opinions, maybe its a sign of insecurity, but i care about lots of stuff and like to see people with different points of view than myne; i think thats how we grow really, and learn. Thats my 2 cents...ok my five dollars then LOl

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Al I would have thought someone from N.C. would know everything tastes like chicken. If it doesn't, we try to make it so that it does here in South Ga...lol

LOL! That's why I asked! It does ALL taste like chicken or it SHOULD :)

StirCrayzy

This is a very connected site, where i have found a place unknown to me throughout the years. I am thankful and grateful for excellent Mods and an atmosphere second to none.:thumber:
Basile, you make polling what it was meant to be... it is truly your gift to us all.
I am proud to say i dont venture far from this site, as here i find what i need. I have been to XXX site and have no reason to go back. in the available free time i do have, i go for quality, and i find that here. :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

ps
I like contests !!:winner: :winner: :winner: