Annieka's 79 g reef

annieka

Hi guys,

So here is my current tank. :)
It's been running for 6 months after the contents was moved from the previous tank.
It measures 120x50x50 and is stocked with mostly LPS, soft corals and a few SPS.
There is very little tech going on. Nitrates are kept in check with a DSB and macroalges in the sump. Other parameter with regular waterchanges. This works resonably well. Although I have the problem that nitrates are consumed too rapidly while phosphate is not. Still working on balancing this.
And the bubble-tip anemones are a bit too happy because they keep multiplying and popping up where they are not wanted.
The upside is that the tank is theeming with little amphipods, shrimps, worms, bagpipes etc.
The goal is creating a mini ecosystem with lots of microfauna with happy and fat fish and corals.
The tank is inhabited by only a few fish now, but since this system is fairly new this is a good thing.

43040-917dc8434bde18789e4437567b014817.jpg

annieka

I'm a big fan of the KISS principle. ;)
But I will be adding anti-phosphate pellets to reduce the PO4 to acceptable levels. After that I hope to keep them stabile with waterchanges and the macroalgea.
Right now the NO3 is barely high enough (0.5 ppm) and the PO4 is way too high (0.25 ppm).

annieka

Phosphat pellets (Rowa phos) are added to a small potfilter that is hooked up to the sump. I've never used anti phospate pelletspellets. These ar iron-based. Has anybody got an idea how quick I can expect the PO4 to drop? I know it also depends on PO4 deposits in the rock, but I don't think these will be very high considering I had trouble with nitrates and phosphates levels being too low in the previous tank.

annieka

Hungry Acans. I feed these every other day with chunks of fish and mussel. Sometimes also smaller items like mysis and artemia.

index.php

My pair of clowns. The bigger one has been with me for over 8 year. Sadly his previous partner died when me moved to our new home. But he seems to hit it off with his new companion.

index.php
index.php