anenomes

momo76

Hi,
Im new to marine tanks had tropical tanks for years though.Now got a 30 gallon tank with a pair of percula clowns two snails a cleaner shrimp and a hermit crab would like to get some coral but unsure what to get thst will not be too demanding for me any ideas folks?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

look for level 1 & 2 corals here...
https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/caresheets

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Momo :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
I have only been keeping corals (no anemones for me tho) for a little over a year....
I learned it all RIGHT HERE @ RS. :thumbup:
Stick around, share your tank & ask away with whatever you wonder about.
Hope to be able to pass on some good tips that I've been doing well with.
Very BEST WISHES :biker

micmac

Hi MOMO,
Sounds like you have a nice tank so far. For corals, I started with leathers and mushrooms. My ocellaris Agent Orange loves his hairy mushroom - he sucks on the short tentacles and rolls around all day - totally adopted it. In fact he's sleeping around in the star polyps and tongue as well. I tried different anenomes and they just didn't thrive. My clown definitely isn't stunted because he doesn't have an anenome.
Mic

Maprik

If you have strong lighting (around 3-4w per gallon you can have almost any coral and anemone). I have a 28gal jbjnanocube and my anemone has split into 8 anemones. I have hard and soft corals too. Just do a 5 gal water change every 2 weeks.