anenome position

Lesred

Hi all just added a anemone to tank it’s decided that top of the tank on the glass is were it wants to be my only concern is when I do a water change it will be out the water any advice please

DaveK

Anemones have a mind of their own. Just leave it alone and it will have likely moved by the time you do a water change. If not, work the water change so the water doesn't drop below the level of the anemone.

Most anemones can take a very short period of time out of water.

Uncle99

He may move if you change the current or light intensity.
When they move right to the top of the glass, sometimes this is a sign that lighting is not strong enough.

Lesred

Anemones have a mind of their own. Just leave it alone and it will have likely moved by the time you do a water change. If not, work the water change so the water doesn't drop below the level of the anemone.

Most anemones can take a very short period of time out of water.
It’s still on the move round the top of the tank I do a partial water change every 2 week and it’s due so was going to try lowering the level slowly hoping it will move down with the dropping waterline

Uncle99

It might move down, then move back, when he becomes happy, he’ll stay
If he came from a high light environment to a lower one, he’s reaching

Lesred

It might move down, then move back, when he becomes happy, he’ll stay
If he came from a high light environment to a lower one, he’s reaching
He’s settled and the clown fish are hosting him already just not sure how it’s going to affect the rock of zoanthids he has decided to settle on the back of