Anemone sucked up into k3. what do i do

lowrah

he was sucked up into our filter intake last week, covered those. LFS said didn't need to cover koralias.

how do i know if he is going to die or not? how do i know if he is dying?
or whether he needs to be helped out?
should i take him out and put him in a bucket? i don't have a QT tank
i have the powerhead turned off but don't know what to do. lights are still off

i know there is a similar post recently but i don't have a QT tank or a sump to put him in. the water is really cloudy and it looks like his foot was sucked in along with tentacles

Cavinca

although i have heard of them coming through i probably wouldnt chance it. Id put him in a bucket and try to make it as comfortable as possible if i wanted to try to save it.

50-75 percent water change ASAP. Test Test Test... Running some carbon wouldnt hurt either

DrHank

Sorry to hear your situation. Sounds like your anem is a goner. If the foot was injured death is almost certain. I'd recommend removing and disposing of all the pieces you can. You may get a surge in ammonia. I'd also recommend a large water change. Good luck.

lowrah

i have other fish and corals in my tank.
what should i do about the ammonia?
i'll be doing a 12 gal water change (amt of buckets i have) in my 55 gal. and am already running carbon
anything else?

thearnley

I have a long tent. anenome that has been inside a k4 twice - last time was over a year ago - each time it took only a week or so for it to get back to its original beauty. Looked like death when it happened, but with a little care it came back each time.