Anemone splitting

Blndbunny

When an anemone splits is it always because its stressed? I purchased a green bta back in April as of today it has become 8. It appears to be very happy and healthy, eats very well and even maintains it bubbles. It seem to usually split when I have replaced a light bulb, but the newest split I really have no clue on.

reefer gladness

Some tend to split more often than others. I don't think stress is really the issue, more likely overfeeding or underfeeding. Or its just being a nem, they really do have a mind of their own sometimes.

My RBTA just reached about 14 inches in diameter before splitting a few days ago. It was moving which I thought might be related to underfeeding since everything else is good so I fed it more and it split within a couple weeks. Just a nem being a nem.

Blndbunny

Mine just get a little left over mysis if the clown doesn't devour it all and target fed about once a month. It tends to lose its bubbles if its hungry. I guess I will just sum it up as a nem being a nem. Or as my husband calls it, my curse for saying I wanted an anemone farm

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Mine tends to split after a large feeding..... I stopped doing that, I don't want anymore nem babies!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Interesting, I may need to cut back on feeding every 3rd day. I really don't want mine to split any time soon.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My RBTA is a splitting machine. All water parameters are good and just as important steady and it splits all the time. I just found 2 new "Babies" last night. I started with 1 and now have at least 9 RBTA in my RSM130D. It may be time to start relocating some LOL

Blndbunny

Really sounds like what mine is doing is pretty normal, now to find people who want to home these little guys.

Thank you so much everyone!

bjledbetter

Is the original the only one splitting or are all the nems splitting that fast? If you don't want that,many sell or trade them in and help with some of your tank expenses even though it won't be much it helps a lot. My problem is my pink bta only grows 3 or 4 inches before it splits again so I never have any large nice ones

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Hizanonyirork

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its not illegal in the rest of the states. Well not all of them anyway. There lots of states that also do not reference motorcycle lane splitting/filtering in their traffic code or statutes. Texas is one of them.

forestal

would love to see shots of your anemone and tank - I used to have a tank just with rbta's and would sell the offspring to pay for small stuff.