Anemone Club!

seatrueblue

I don't think that is possible with my old point and shoot 5.2mp HP digital camera. I might get a new camera for xmas. I have taken some nice pictures with it but it doesn't even compare to some of the pictures I have seen on here.The anemone should be much bigger by xmas, so taking macro pictures should be easier.

CA Reefer

Here's mine... Pic is from above the water - My RBTA has taken up residence on the back side of my tank. It just split again on 10/14.

RBTA_and_baby_low_res.jpg

seatrueblue

I tried, I really did but this is the best picture I could get with this camera.
I had to photoshop it in order to give you an idea of what it looks like under the actinics. Imagine this picture but brighter orange and yellow neon tips.

Picture2031320.jpg

My camera can't capture what I'm looking at.

vdituri

Awesome pics people.

Tony, is the bubble tip huge or the carpet smaller? Beautiful anemonies both.

got2envy, I love the color on your carpet anemone. It looks like a steel blue.

TonyD

The RBTA is huge(close to 16" when fully open) and the pictures is a little deceiving too. For size reference, the green centered Zoa colony to the right of the RBTA is about 5" long.

THe Carpet is a good 13-14" when it opens up but it seems to like hiding in the rock work.

I am thinking about rehoming the carpet. I cant seem to find a place in my tank that it will stay viewable.

vdituri

Hiding in the rocks is fine for a carpet. If it was out in the open it would eat up alot more tank realestate.

That is an amazing RBTA. Very fat and happy.

Here is my Christmas gift to myself. It's about 6 inches across. Nice and small for now.

2008_12190005.jpg

got2envy

Just wanted to update on the blue carpet :p
I sold the Gigantea a while ago to a nice lady in Jupiter with a 300g reef,She breeds clowns and knows her schtuff about anemones..so she was the perfect person for mah baby
I knew at the time that it would eventually outgrow my 40 long and I was not looking to upgrade larger than the 125g which it would also outgrow, the longer I kept it the more attached I got :(
so here are some pix of it happy and being hosted by 2 clowns, the porcelain crab hangs out at the foot on the rocks as the clown gave him the boot :lol:

It is her centerpeice
untitled.jpg

bluecarpet.jpg

I felt privleged to be able to get back to health and that I had a little time to enjoy such a beautiful invertebrate..even if it was just for a little while :happy:

yocon34

:bouncer:[IMG]/Users/conorohara/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2011/03/23/20110323-100020/P1000020.JPG[/IMG]my condy anenome with sexy shrimp

Tokalosh

This is my baby,its the only nem that has stayed put and is very happy.
My clown hangs around it but I've never seen seen the clown give it cuddles.

Tok

Akshay

Nice tank Tok. :thumbup:
Your gsp is running crazy I see... :)
My clowns are hosted in a sebae anemone.. here's a pic.
20130726_112934_zpsdb02d087.jpg