Anemone Club!

got2envy

wow no activity in this thread for a while lol

here are my 2 anemones..first is my new small baby blue carpet, I have only had it 3 days..the clowns don't seem interested yet (2 false percs) I am actually now thinking of selling it, it's about the size of a softball

P1200002.jpg

and my RBTA and Maroon clown
watcha looking at? back off! :yup:
P1200007.jpg

takes up the whole right side of my 75g
P1200011.jpg

sambrinar

got2envy, beautiful. acutally all of the picts are beautiful!!! how much water flow do the BTA's like got2envy? it looks like it likes action, very nice

I have to wait for quite a while for mine, current tank too small and I'm too new. soon though the tank size will change!!! :D

got2envy

I use 2x Maxi Jet 1200's with sure-flo mods at 1600 gph each..it does love the flow and I have to constantly move the power head that it is under so that it doesn't get sucked up..it happened once with a Koralia but it recovered nicely...it has never split only gotten bigger lol

The baby blue carpet i moved to my 20 under PC's because I found out after much reading and other peoples veiws that it looked a little bleach..it is recovering nicely and my porcelain crab has now made it home haha once it colors up and looks better I will either sell it or try and find better room in my 75

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
wow no activity in this thread for a while lol

here are my 2 anemones..first is my new small baby blue carpet, I have only had it 3 days..the clowns don't seem interested yet (2 false percs) I am actually now thinking of selling it, it's about the size of a softball

P1200002.jpg

That looks to be a gigantea carpet anemone. They require very bright lighting (MH) and excellent random water flow.
Beautiful animal!

rmlevasseur

I'm in the process of setting up a 60 gallon cube that will be tied into my 180. The tank will just be for a haddoni and pair of clowns. If anyone spots a good deal on a nice looking haddoni please let me know! Tank should be up within the week.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
ok i will be adding my third aneomne to the club....next week im getting a 9" blue carpet. no pics yet but ill finally have the 3 ive wanted for al long time. ill have red blue and green carpets. I cant wait :)

seatrueblue

Here are my anemones.
Picture2031027.jpg

I know the green bta is too small for the clowns. So I put my purple LTA in there. bought the plta from bluezoo october 07.
Picture2031052.jpg

So am I an anemone club member now?

got2envy

just get rid of it... your gonna kill it, or kill something else,

not to be harsh.. but carpets are serious

On the road to recovery! never say surrender :wave:

before in my 20 under PC's so it could recover a bit and regain color

P1200001.jpg

and now under T-5 lighting with lots of flow.. a couple of months later
also has a porcelain crab freind..it is in my 40L for now till I upgrade my 125 FW..so far has eaten 2 firefish and a really cool barnacle blenny
P1010001-18.jpg

P1010002-17.jpg

P1010004-15.jpg

P1010005-13.jpg

thanks for looking!

vdituri

Seatrue, that purle long tentacle is beauuuuuuutiful!

Got2, glad to see your blue carpet coming back. That is an awesome specimen.
Keep up the good work

seatrueblue

Seatrue, that purle long tentacle is beauuuuuuutiful!

thanks Victor, I guess I did a good job raising it..it use to be this small.
I guess you could call this its baby picture :p

Picture236.jpg

I wish I could take a good picture of the mertensii with only the actinics on. All the yellow and orange tips look like its glowing.