Anemone Club!

Snoopy

My new haddoni nem
20140504_104439_zpses9irwkn.jpg

Hi all, i am in midst of setting up my tank, and just stumbled upon a juvenile BTA that came with the LR, can anyone identify it?
_MG_1343_zps13b0a8bc.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks like a stunner of a speckled BTA :D Nice score on the LR!!! Nice to see another Aussie member too :)

Praba

Re: Carpet club!

Hi guys, please can someone give me an idea on how much I should a feed my pink bubble anemone.
Every pet shop has a differant view.
Some say one lance fish a month while others say quarter Lance weekly.

Thanking you in advance
Praba

reefer gladness

Re: Carpet club!

Hi guys, please can someone give me an idea on how much I should a feed my pink bubble anemone.
Every pet shop has a differant view.
Some say one lance fish a month while others say quarter Lance weekly.

Thanking you in advance
Praba

I've not heard of a 'lance fish' before. Silversides should be readily available at your LFS and are a good food source for BTA's.

Don't feed anything larger than the nems mouth. You can break silversides into smaller pieces while still frozen if needed. Personally I don't feed my nems more than 1 time per month. My nems are about 6-12 inches in diameter at the disc and I give them 1/2 silverside each.

Other people feed them a smaller amount more frequently. In my experience the more you feed them the faster they grow. I can also tell when my nems are hungry just by looking at how inflated they are and the size and diameter of the tentacles, with time you will be able to do the same.

Good source of info for BTA's here: http://www.karensroseanemones.net/