Anemone advice please!

MaxC-130

I have a Bubble Tip Anemone in my tank. When I first bought it, it had vibrant colours and its arms were long and waving but now…see the picture!
Short arms, almost translucent.
My water levels are all good and it is in an area with good water flow but it does not look happy and is not taking food (lance fish).
Is it old? About to separate? About to die?!
Any ideas or advice welcome.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 3358C400-E612-4731-9209-3F44EE87C972.jpeg
    3358C400-E612-4731-9209-3F44EE87C972.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

DaveK

What water parameters did you test for and what were the exact readings. What looks good to you may indicate a problem to someone else.

I can see a lot of cyano on your rock. This usually indicates that you have at least some water quality issues.

What kind of lighting are you using on the tank? Please give us all the details here.

Your anemone looks white and pink. This usually indicates that it's bleached. They can recover from this, but it's often a long slow process.

What, if anything, have you been feeding you anemone?

MaxC-130

Thanks Dave.
As before, water levels are:
SG 1.026
No3 10
No2 0
Gh 8
Kh 15
Ph 8.2
Cl2 0.2
Last week, due to concerns about by BTA, my LFS tested for Phosphates with no concerns raised.
It’s an RSM C-130 tank with 110W (2 X 55W)
T5 Power Compact lights. Lights run for six hours per day.
I have a carbon bag and filter media in the sump.
I had been feeding it lance fish (once per 10 days) but it has not eaten for almost a month.

Uncle99

Not enough information to pinpoint a cause.
How long is tank been running?
How long has nem been in tank?
If your feeding, I would not, they don't need it especially when they are not happy.
If I were to guess, I would go with lighting, Nems love strong light available and will move to the place they like best.
Once Nems are in a tank for about 6 months, they usually thrive provided water is on point to NSW, lighting is strong in the correct spectrum, flow is moderate.

DaveK

Since you seem to have some algae issues, some partial water changes are in order. I'd change about 25% a week over the next few weeks. Also replace your carbon. I would also consider using a phosphate removal media such as phosban or generic equivalent.

@Uncle99 is correct about the light. I'd slowly increase the duration to about 10 hours a day, but watch out for unwanted algae growth. You need to strike a balance here.

Normally I'd agree with @Uncle99 about feeding, but your anemone seems to be bleached. With it bleached it may not be able to obtain all it needs from the water and light alone. A whole fish is way too big for an an anemone this size. You want to use fairly small pieces of crab, shrimp,clams or other seafood, Think in terms of this being in about 1/8" chunks, and only feed 2 or 3. Make sure the fish don't steal it from the anemone. Try to place it on inflated tentacles as close to the mouth as you can.