Anarchy's reef chronicle

anarchy

Hey guys and girls. New here so here's my build.
Current tank is a standard 29 gallon drilled.
The sump is a standard 29 gallon drilled.
Lighting is a 250w hqi halide 14000k bulb.
Super skimmer 65.
Titanium heater.
5-6 months ago
17ff3cabf9785115d196d8996a12001f.jpg

Now
3d76cb0c0da71e6258fe73ac28b35b04.jpg

Full system
2f10093899994b129f31b9ac7cffe3b9.jpg

My upgrade

2 displays 1 system

27 cube and deep blue 30 sharing a 55 gallon sump.
Reef octopus nwb 125 I think
Jebao dc3000 return
4 jebao rw4s
2 250w halides

The stand
29fa5f0229355228cad05c6a7b57efb8.jpg

All the equipment except sump
007f5f1a707fda26aaaa720cec74e819.jpg

e7dcafa3e6183e2166b6d44bd3791ce4.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sweet setups mate!! :yup: Love the Jebao gear, I love my two RW-4's that I'm running in my tank, wicked little powerheads!! :) Definitely going to tag along with you on your tank journey's.
I have to say I'm extremely jealous of your halides!! I desperately want to go halides on my tank but the running cost is a little high for my uni student budget to allow :( One day I'll have my massive sps tank running halides! Can't wait to see it filled and together :)

anarchy

I still have to put the baffles in the sump, clean up the stand with some touch up paint, build the doors, plumb and put it in the basement. I love halides. Only lights I've ever run

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I still have to put the baffles in the sump, clean up the stand with some touch up paint, build the doors, plumb and put it in the basement. I love halides. Only lights I've ever run
It's going to look really good once you've finished it! I love the sounds of the plan though. I went leds due to the lower running costs but one day I'll get my halide setup! What colour spectrum bulbs are you going to get?? And are you going to supplement them or just pure halides? :)

anarchy

14000k bulb. I was going to supplement with 420nm actinic but no way to hang the canopy so now pure halides just like on my 29

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
14000k bulb. I was going to supplement with 420nm actinic but no way to hang the canopy so now pure halides just like on my 29
Awesome, I do love having some actinic lighting but the halides are good enough as it is!
Are you going to add any new fish or just keeping your existing scaley friends? :)

anarchy

27:
2 ocellaris clowns
Starry blenny
Yasha white ray shrimp goby
White banded possum wrasse

30 :
My snowflakes
Red scooter blenny
Hi fin red banded goby
Tanakas pygmy wrasse

Sump:
2 yellowtail damsels
Hermit with anemone and maybe my black and white clown is the snowflakes start beating him up but so far all 3 have done fine

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Man even your fishlists are awesome!! White banded and tanakas pygmy wrasses are some of my favourites :D you and I have very similar reef tastes haha the only thing missing are some angelfish :p might be a bit small for that though

anarchy

I'd like some angels also but tanks too small. If I upgrade the 27 to a 60 or 93 then I'll get a flame

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I absolutely adore my juvenile female bellus angel, follows me around the tank everywhere and plays with my hands when I'm working in the tank. Flames are stunners though.
Are you going to go predominantly sps or a mixed reef? :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Mixed reefs are a lot of fun! I'm all sps as you've seen but even I can't have a tank without at least some zoas!

anarchy

I like my torch and my favorite coral is the aussie gold torch so I have to have one but I'm starting to get into sps
c39bedfd8c6a839549a21f8921cf199d.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
They're a deep dark spiral once you start haha I'll take some photo's at my lfs next time he's got some nice gold torches because he gets some good ones in, I won't tell you the price though :p being an Aussie, they're a lot cheaper here!
You've got a great little collection there of acro's though!

anarchy

Yeah I have to pay 50 per head for the torch but not bad in my opinion. Next tank will be a full aussie tank I think

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I agree, that's not too bad a price. If I was able to have two big tanks, I'd run one as a coldwater reef based around what we have surrounding Melbourne, it's not as bright but I've dived it and it's still really interesting!