am I just panicking? White coloring on new BSJ

bohrio

Ok so I thought I should give you all an update, the little lad is still alive and doing ok. No signs of illness or change in his behaviour. If anything he has become more active. He has absolutely made a mess of the aquarium digging wholes everywhere. He has decided the whole back of the aquarium will be his realm so he is constantly swimming around looking for rocks and shells, I had to move my elegance as he kept annoying it throwing sand at it etc.

His marks are more noticable now, well, they haven't changed since sunday, he has become more trusting so I have been able to take better pictures of him. He has one spot in his face and two on the other side of his body, so far no new marks.

I am feeding him frozen food soaked in garlic and vitamins and some dry food as well, he is always hungry.

new3.jpg

I lowered the temperature a bit more to 24 degrees (74 Fahrenheit) and he is doing better, corals are not too happy but I want to do make his stay as comfortable as possible and reduce stress as much as possible. I dont think I will be going any lower than that just in case it gets too cold for my clowns. I am also running the UV sterilizer 24/7 now.

Here is a video too, half way through the video you can briefly see the 2 spots on the left side (his left side), they have been there for 4 days now, no visible changes since

[video=youtube;vRDrbZtDGyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRDrbZtDGyY[/video]

I am expecting the worst, until then, I will try to make his life as pleasant as possible.

bohrio

Hey guys, just an update

so things got worse with Benito here

After a day or two more spots started appearing on the its top and sides

benitospotside.jpg

Then lucky him, a couple of days later he got an eye infection, I think he probably hurt himself digging.

benitoeye.jpg

The next day he was all white... didnt think it was going to last for much longer

benitowhite.jpg

During this period he showed good appetite and he was also very active. I could see him scratching against rocks and the powerheads/glass. I couldnt catch him so all I could really do was to have the water as clean as possible and to feed him good food (frozen food with garlic and supplements, etc).

I fed him twice a day during the week and three times a day during the weekends. I lowered the temperature to 74 fh and hope for the best. I also provides for extra shells, sand so he could finished this burrow. In fact, he started to show improvement as soon as he finished his burrow. It took him 1.5 weeks to find a spot in the tank, until he did he spent hours digging burrows everywhere in the tank.

Slowly his eye healed and the spots started to disappear. And this is him now:

benito5.jpg

As you can see the spot in the face is completely gone, the ones in the body are barely visible

benito4.jpg

benito3.jpg

So I dont know whats going on, he is in a very good mood, extremely sociable and very very hungry, he will munch on the turkey baster as soon as I put it in the aquarium.

I have the feeling that he just got some sort of fungal infection. He has been showing signs of improvement for the last 2 weeks and all spots dissapeared 5 days ago, no new ones yet. The other fish are fine too, it could have been ich as well, i dont know anymore... :s

Oxylebius

So how is he doing now? Did he continue to settle in well? Are you still keeping the tank at 74 degrees?

bohrio

So how is he doing now? Did he continue to settle in well? Are you still keeping the tank at 74 degrees?

Hi Oxylebius

Sorry I have been away from the fish world for a month!

Benito is doing great. Very sociable is always out and about, loves swimming around the tank. He has a few spots where he likes to hang and he got used to the cleaner shrimps and now lets them clean him as well.

The doesnt mind the clowns either.

I am getting a bigger tank soon as I feel this one is way to small for him. Will be shutting down the fresh water tank and getting a new 250 liters marine. My wife doesnt allow my two "big" tanks in the house at the same time.... she thinks 250 is big... oh well!! lol