AJ REEF's Reef beginning.

AJ REEF

Here is a bit about my current setup. There still is lots to do here and there. I get to it when time allows.

Acrylic 375 g. 84" long 24" wide 48" high.

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_6549_zpsb2ba3ff8.jpg

I'll try to add more pic here and there as I go.

AJ REEF

Thanks! I did end up losing most of the zoas. I knew it was a gamble, but sometimes it's interesting to find out how it will go. There are nuclear greens, and purple deaths still surviving.
The goldflake seems to pick at corals the most.

AJ REEF

I have the crusty crab as my nephew gave it to me as a gift. I just had to find a spot for it. Now the helfrichi calls it home. :)

AJ REEF

IMG_6574_zpsb7fd7b90.jpg
Here is my tiny Hippo tang. It doesn't get bothered by anyone too much. (the purple tang did bother it a bit at first)

AJ REEF

I have only had the Potter's angel about a month. I had it in quarantine, but it wasn't eating. Though it was pecking at the glass.

There is alot more to peck at in the DT so I took the enormous risk and moved it into the DT without a full quarantine.

It still doesn't come out and feed when I feed the tank. But it seems to be fine with just picking at the rock and walls.

AJ REEF

Thanks to my LFS I upgraded the return pump from a Mag 18, to a Red Dragon 8.2. About 200 more GPH and half the wattage. Plus it is so quiet! I didn't think the Mag 18 was loud, until I plumbed in this pump. :)

Creekview

Love it. Would love to have a really big tank one of these days.......Biggest one I had was a 150 custom plywood and fiberglas back in the 70's. Technology didn't really exist back then, and we only ran carbon filters and did water changes. Never tried to have anything but a very few fish.