Advice in the Planning Stage

Hello all. I am currently planning a 75 gallon reef tank and wanted to get feedback on my selections thus far as well as advice on a few other things.
My current plan is as follows:
75 Gallon Tank
Trigger Systems Emerald 34 Sump (Thought about going with the smaller version but this one allows for separate flow through the refugium section)
Eshopps PF-1000 Overflow Box (Will install a ball valve on the feed into the refugium section to adjust water flow through)
Sicce Syncra 4.0 Return Pump
Reef Octopus 150 INT Protein Skimmer
Vortech MP40WES
Photon 48" LED Fixture from reef breeders (I want to have access to any coral that I want plus I would really like a maxima clam and I think this will support them)
LED Fuge Lite with a goose neck lamp from reef breeders for the refugium
75 Pounds Key Largo Dry Rock (6 week cycle in my future before it'll be live rock)
2 Pounds Key Largo Rubble for the refugium
Finnex HMO-200 Watt Heater (Will be placed in the sump)
2 Coralife Digital Thermomters (1 Probe in the sump and 1 in the display)
Bulk Reef Supply 4 Stage Plus 75 GPD RO/DI System
ESV B-Ionic Salt
Vertex Refractometer

Past that I need some advice on a few other essentials. 1) I know I need to create a sand bed for substrate is there a particular type I should use? I was thinking about using a black sand for colors to pop but worried about whether it would be the best way to go. 2) What testing supplies (brands and test type) do I need? 3) What additives should I use? 4) What food should be used for corals? I plan using Rod's Food and maybe a different kind for some variety for the fish but haven't the faintest what to use for coral.

I know that this has been a very long post and want to thank you all in advance.

Joeys Tank

Many different types of sand out there to meet many different tastes :) One type of sand which I see recommended alot is Caribsea Aragonite Special Grade. Color of sand wouldn't play a very big role in the sand. The common color for live sand is tan, but you may be able to find someone who has generated black live sand. If you are going to go with black sand which isn't alive, then you will need to give time for the life to populate (worms, snails, pods, etc).

Testing supplies: to begin, you will use Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate test kits. API sells a set of these. They are drops style with you comparing to color on a chart. These are the big ones while cycling a tank. After the cycle, you will move mostly into the nitrate and pH realm of testing along with making sure your salinity is stable (a refractometer takes care of this). Additional tests will depend on what you are planning for the tank. Phosphates, alkalinity, calcium, magnesium are common ones (although I maybe test for these every couple of months unless I am working on an issue).

Additives: the world is your oyster with this. Watching what your tank needs will point you down the path of which additives to get. If you have a lot of coral in the tank using up calcium, then you will want to work on that (along with alkalinity). Keeping a balance in the tank is what you should strive for, but don't chase numbers (dosing for the sake of dosing or adding chemicals which you aren't testing for).

Coral food: coral frenzy works well, phytoplankton, etc. Will depend on type of coral you are keeping, etc. Many different paths here as well.

GMANONER

Sounds awesome, I'm heading down a similar path with my 55g Hexagon, with a Trigger System Ruby Elite 30 sump refugium, planning all the plumbing now... Get yourself some type of fan to run in the stand for air flow. OH, I also bought a UPS Battery back up for my system from Costco, for only $99 bucks... Let's keep in contact with our plans... Love this stuff...

Oxylebius

For sand you will want to have a calcareous based sand. Why you may ask - b/c it helps to buffer the tank. Aragonite works. To test it out you can put some sand in a cup and add white vinegar to it, if it fizzes then it is calcareous and the sand that you want. Stay away from silica based sand.