Adjusting Skimmer - Cloudy after Water Change - 130D

Jetmart

I have a Red Sea Max 130 D set up that is 21 days old. Tank has been clear and water spotless. Did a 20% water change yesterday. Turned off pumps, skimmer, and Heater during change. I did NOT stir up any sand when filling the tank back up. I also cleaned the skimmer box out. Since then I have very tiny particles being recirculated through my pump. I am not sure how the skimmer should be set up. I have read just about every post and have tried everything. The problem is I am not sure what I am looking for and not sure how to adjust it if I did know what I am looking for. Do I have too much water? Foam? See video below. This is a 130D system with pumps & skimmer built into back of tank.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
my first guess...

here what I would try & what worked for me on my RSM 130D (and has helped many) if you are seeing microbubbles and to get the stock skimmer to perform at it's best

raise your skimmer cup in your display tank to around 1/8" from it's top position

add sw to raise your water level (very high) to where it almost touches your hood arm trays, this will be at or near the top line in the water window

manually top off daily or every other day (ro/di not sw) or get an ato

remember - these are tips for a RSM 130 D model

hope this helps...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
and from looking at your 2nd vid... spin your skimmer neck up, quite a bit to where the foam is just breaking over the top, these skimmers wet skim, but should not fill the cup up in less than a couple days

Jetmart

What is frustrating is that I have not experienced this before and i have not changed anything. The cup is adjusted almost all the way up. I keep the tank pretty full as well. I have added more water to be sure. I also have the air valve closed for now. I don't have a lot skimming requirement right now.

Can you run with the skimmer pump off or does the filter pump need the skimmer pump to run to give the filter pump water?