Adding Powerheads, Current Question

I was running my 56 gallon corner unit with just the return pump for current, my new powerhead came today. I put it in the tank, and quite a bit of detritis blew up and around, so I know there were definitely dead spots in the tank. Now, however, my little button polyps have closed themselves up tight. I am not sure if they are unhappy with the current or if some detritis struck them and upset them?

In the tank are a leather coral, button polyps, and some greenish things that are similar to the buttons, some unhappy xenia, a frag of hammer coral, and various mushsrooms. I probably blew some toxins from one coral to the other or something.

TylerHaworth

They're just adjusting an probably collecting a lot of the detritus that's blowing around...

Just make sure the powerhead isnt blowing directly on your corals and everything should adjust in a few days, I wouldnt be worried at all.

It isn't blowing directly on them. I have it back near the overflow, and it is directed toward the front glass, but to the right side, so, it is reflecting off the glass and in both directions of the aquarium. (Keep in mind, corner unit)