Adding links to your signature

Choff

edit: Totally missed the 2nd page of responses. This post was in reply to Glenn's questions on page 1. Thanks all for the help. Steve I appreciate you reaching out to Travis.

all my settings are default and I use the latest version of Chrome

I was on standard, I just tried Enhanced & Basic no change.

Forum Skin, I only have 2 choices 1 standard (vb4 default) and 1 mobile (Default mobile style).

I turned off enhanced attachment (it was on) - no change

For giggles I tried Firefox and IE 9 -64 bit. No change.

I'm still going with profile permissions. Can anyone who is able to post links in their sig attempt to edit your sig and scroll down to the permissions and tell me what 'Allow Link BB code' is set to? Thanks.

I appreciate everyone's help with this. Keep in mind I have been a member less than a month and perhaps this is the new default setting.

steved13

PREMIUM
Update

So far, it seems the links are only supposed to be allowed for sponsors and premium members. Somehow some non-premium members have them, not sure why/how. Everyone is in agreement that we would like to allow links as long as they are within RS such as a tank thread link, for everyone, but there is doubt if that is possible within the software.

It's still being looked at. We'll keep you posted.

Choff

Thanks Steve. That's fine if that is the forum rules. I initially assumed it was for premium members, but when I saw non's with it then I got confused. If it stays that way, you may just want to note it in the FAQ section where it talks about updating your sig.

Silly question, is a premium member a paid membership or is that a rank or title given to very active/helpful users?

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Choff said:
Thanks Steve. That's fine if that is the forum rules. I initially assumed it was for premium members, but when I saw non's with it then I got confused. If it stays that way, you may just want to note it in the FAQ section where it talks about updating your sig.

Silly question, is a premium member a paid membership or is that a rank or title given to very active/helpful users?

Paid.

...."Fish" Happens!....

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 it's a paid membership...IMO pretty inexpensive though.

You get reputation and likes from other members for being active/helpful

ReefLady

Staff member
I've been struggling with how to allow links to tank profiles without ending up with a spam problem... one way is that premium members typically aren't spammers. ;)

I have another idea in mind, give me some time to work it out and I'll announce instructions if/when I get it to work!