HELP! A little worried about my green BTA pls hlp

Mr.mcfly

Hey guys, im just getting into the reefing hobby and have recently set up a 90L tank, added live bacteria with my reel reef to my initial cycle once the water quality was good i added my greenBTA and 2 ocl clowns (yet to properly host) the BTA started on a low shelf then move to the top in the first day of introduction and on the second tucked himself into the high swim through cave in the reef, because the tanks only small the cave is quite small too just lrg enough to easily fit a adult ocl through. Since then (a week) he has stayed put.

He was fully inflated for a little while but has been retracting quite regularly and im pretty sure is secreting a milky brown waist (hopefully from feeding) yesterday with the water quality being good i added a tiny yellow blenny, a baby blue tang (~2months) and a wa spiny seahorse all are doing well be now my bta has retacted all most completely for about 5/6 hrs.

This morning in notice some of his tenticals out FULLY inflated nice think and fully of color so i adjusted the caves position to recieve more water flow and hopefully see if jimmy steve (bta) comes out a little more and is able to better inflate. Just curious if anything seems a miss just really dont want to stress him out.

DaveK

Anemones require well established tanks, and excellent lighting and water quality. With the tank just being set up, it is far from being well established. Typically, you should wait for about a year before you introduce an anemone.

Because of this, your best option is to return the anemone to your LFS. Your clowns do not require an anemone. This is something your LFS never should have sold you.

It would also be a good idea to return the spiny seahorse to your LFS. Seahorses require tanks more or less dedicated to them. Because they are slow swimmers, they can not compete with other fish for food. In this case they usually starve to death.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

this site has some great reads... on nems
http://www.karensroseanemones.net/beforeyoubuyone.htm

Mr.mcfly

Anemones require well established tanks, and excellent lighting and water quality. With the tank just being set up, it is far from being well established. Typically, you should wait for about a year before you introduce an anemone.

Because of this, your best option is to return the anemone to your LFS. Your clowns do not require an anemone. This is something your LFS never should have sold you.

It would also be a good idea to return the spiny seahorse to your LFS. Seahorses require tanks more or less dedicated to them. Because they are slow swimmers, they can not compete with other fish for food. In this case they usually starve to death.

Thanks mate, yeah im not 100% sure on my LFS they dont really seem to care 1 bit honestly its quite sad going in there, there was probaboy about 5/6 dead fish in there this morning and alot of the corals dont look to happy.

My water is pretty solid KH 9-10, nitrate 0 ppm, Phosphate 0.25 ppm and calcium sitting about 460-80, gravity slightly high 1.025-6. Everything is doing really well except my anemone my hammer coral is absolutely loving life. And the seahorse actually seems really happy. Its a tank just over 2ft and the current is mostly top strong and i usually feed him only under a soft blue light when he likes to come out and swim freely and the others are less active, he is more then happy free swim and does quite often at night. Hes got heaps of personality doesnt get pestered has a couple favorite spots he likes to chill i also try to use a dropper to put food right near his mouth to as i try to do with most the fish and corals to try to minimize waste.

Attachments

• 14839493945902036233651.jpg
    14839493945902036233651.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5