A little perspective

I tried a new method of photography using a lookdown box attached to my camera and really love all the angles it allows.

Here is a few of my first ones. I hope you find them as interesting as i do.

welso-feeding-1.jpg

scoli-mouth.jpg

close-up-traco.jpg

fungia-chow-time.jpg

TORCH-1.jpg

trac.jpg

when-nassarius-attack.jpg

blue_eyes53813

Ive heard about them boxes... I should get one.. I am terrible at taking pictures though... Your pictures are awesome

Snelly40

i thnk i can safely say that now i have absolutely no chance of ever winning a photo of the month contest!

lcstorc

I love our look down box. Haven't used it in a while. Now I want to go home and take pics with it.

palys.jpg

DSC_1828.jpg

dragonslayerfavia2.jpg

moon-coral-1.jpg

pipe-fish.jpg

Here is a pretty cool shot...this was taken with 1 led moon light and i had the shutter open for 20 seconds...not a sharp as id like, but come on, 20 seconds? might as well be an hour. This is a Dendro BTW.

dendro-20secs.jpg

lcstorc

Incredible macros. Are these all from your tank? Do we have a FTS? Looks like you have quite a variety of awesome stuff.
How on earth did you get an asterina star with almost even legs? Mine are usually very lopsided.

I help some of my LFS's with stock photos and such, and it works out great for me. I get first crack of an order they may get in (when i can afford it) and i get to take cool pics of what i cant.

Most of these are from my home tanks.

Unfortunately, i grossly outgrew my display and tore it down some time ago.

The last couple years i decided to collect choice corals from the 4 corners of the earth in frags, and set up a propagation system to grow them out to show sizes. Its been a lot of fun watching them grow, and challenging to keep them all happy.

I'm hoping to have $$ for my new display soon.

Ive got the new fish room framed out, but i still have to put the tile down, and build all the stands etc.

The display will be 72" x 36" x 27" or if i hit the mega millions 96" long.

Last edited: