A couple new pics: Fire coral & others

Triggerjay

Here is my new fire coral. After research however, it seems this is a difficult species to keep, even for the most advanced reefer. So, my hopes are not very high for it. :
tank005.jpg

You can see the placement I chose a little better in this pic:
tank006.jpg

My Tyree sunset monti:
tank003.jpg

My $500 efflo frag - No, the frag was NOT $500.. Thats the name of the coral. The frag was $50:
tank004.jpg

A bad pic of my valentine pocillipora:
tank010.jpg

My green pocillipora - Still needs to color up:
tank011.jpg

On top of one of the mountains:
tank013.jpg

Forgot the name of this one, I have it wrote down somewhere:
tank014.jpg

More to come

Triggerjay

Alabama blue tort - (I bought my frags from a guy in AL, and apparently he named it :) )
tank016.jpg

And some of my zoos & Palys:
Greens:
tank021.jpg

Pinks:
tank022.jpg

Green Moon palys - They grow like weeds:
tank023.jpg

RPE's:
tank032.jpg

My Goniopora:
tank024.jpg

Purple Digi:
tank026.jpg

Rose Milli:
tank030.jpg

Blue ric:
tank033.jpg

Green ric:
tank034.jpg

Thats it for now! My tank looks rather empty at the moment. Cant wait until stuff grows out.

Jason

jski711

nice. if i were you i would spread out some of those frags around the tank. i kinda did the same thing you did and am now regretting it cause the corals are so mushed together. jmo from experience. nice tank though.

Jake

Triggerjay

nice. if i were you i would spread out some of those frags around the tank. i kinda did the same thing you did and am now regretting it cause the corals are so mushed together. jmo from experience. nice tank though.

Jake

Thanks Jake. I plan to spread stuff out in the near future. My lighting is slightly sub-par at the moment, and there is not much real estate up in the good light. I only have 3 175w halides. I am going to be upgrading to three 10k 250's with 4 T-5 HO 54w actinic.. then things will get spread out a little.

Jason

Triggerjay

This is going to be one awesome tank Jay.

I cant believe how empty it looks compared to what it used to look like. But, the old stuff had to go to make room for the new stuff.. I am going to have to pick up a couple colony size pieces to fill things in a little. lol..

Jason

Triggerjay

Thanks guys! Currently I have a whopping total of about 15 corals in my 125g. Now, Megans tank is a different story! most of my old stuff is in there. We will have to snap some pics and update her thread. It's just so weird going from a fully stocked mixed reef to the barren landscape I have now. Oh, I also ordered a new CUC. I have always just had like 5 hermits, and one HUGE turbo snail for a CUC... well, and a bunch of stomatellas. I ordered 100 small blue leg hermits, and 100 golden astrea snails from Reef aquarium invertebrates and reef safe fish . We did a group buy with our club. My total was like $50 after all the discounts we got.

Jason