92g corner tank-lighting problem

queenbee

i have no idea what light to purchase for this tank.i'm pretty sure i want metal halides=250 watts.i would perfer not to hang a light over the tank-but i can go that route,would just have to put a board in the ceiling above the tank,which would suck.i have a 48in coralife professional series fixture aqualight pro-2 150watt and 2-96 watt and led's but i think this light would look silly.plus i think i should aim for bigger halides.i need some help.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
You could always get a hanging kit that mounts to the wall rather than the ceiling or those rod type that mount to the stand and come up and over. Just some options other than the ceiling.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
If you got creative you could use a heavy duty plant hanger that would be more than capable of holding. The light but would also look good to :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I am using a 400w pendant on my 65 hex, I was looking at different options like you and the cost of the hanging kits from the LFS are ridiculous considering what you actually get.

I have been looking around at plant hangers and other like hanging fixtures and they can be found in any size for the most part for a fair price. The best places to look are the big nurseries/greenhouses. Lowes and home depot also have a few but it's the off season so the selection is sparse.

queenbee

alright here's another question becase this tank is a weird shape what would you recommend for water movement?i have a korila ,i dont really care for the wire hanging of it,but i suppose they will have cords.i know i should also have no dead spots in the tank.

mikejrice

alright here's another question becase this tank is a weird shape what would you recommend for water movement?i have a korila ,i dont really care for the wire hanging of it,but i suppose they will have cords.i know i should also have no dead spots in the tank.

Most tanks will need a few Koralias to get the flow right. What type of coral are you planning on keeping?

If you really don't like the look of the cords and don't mind spending a little extra, check these out:

EcoTech Marine - Revolutionary Pump Technology for Reef Aquariums

I run the MP10 on my 30 gallon. The first reaction I get from most people to my tank is, how is the water moving so much?

Hands down the most amazing pumps ever made.