75 gallon reef (finally)

I have finally been able to order all of the components for a tank that I have wanted for years. All of the equipment and such should be coming in over the next week. Will be posting pictures as things are set up.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
That's great! Now the exciting part happens, you get to put it all together and wait :)

What kind of equipment did you buy?

That's great! Now the exciting part happens, you get to put it all together and wait :)

What kind of equipment did you buy?

75 Gallon (with corner overflow) and stand
2 AI Hydra 52's with mounting rails
Vortech MP40WES
Vertex Omega 130 Protein Skimmer
Mag 12 return pump
Neptune Systems Apex controller
Apex module for controlling the Hydra's
Tunze Osmolator 3155
Bulk Reef Supply dual carbon/gfo reactor with MJ1200 pump
Bulk Reef Supply 6 stage plus 75 GPD RO/DI system with triple inline TDS meter
150W Eheim Jager heater
Will be turning a 29 gallon AGA into a sump with cut acrylic sheets that I ordered from TAP plastics
75 lbs MarcoRocks dry rock
80 lbs CaribSea aragonite sand

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sounds like a really good list!

You might find that you want a vortech opposite your 40...... Possibly a mp10. They seem to work really well when positioned like that just slightly offset

Sounds like a really good list!

You might find that you want a vortech opposite your 40...... Possibly a mp10. They seem to work really well when positioned like that just slightly offset
That is my plan once the tank is cycled. Figured that the 40 would be enough until then plus I need the 8 weeks to save up again.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:woohoo:Let the excitement begin!!
I like your choice on lots of things on your list....
Would like to see pictures as you progress with set up.
So please share :camera:

:woohoo:Let the excitement begin!!
I like your choice on lots of things on your list....
Would like to see pictures as you progress with set up.
So please share :camera:

This is a Deep Blue 75 RR tank and series v stand

The PVC fixtures I bought for hard plumbing. Unfortunately the drain and return kit that came with the tank include slip x barb bulkheads so I am going to have to order the correct ones.

Sample of the dry rock from marcorocks

More equipment in today. The weather has pushed back the arrival of everything else until Monday at least so far as I know. UPS's tracking system seems to be shoddy at the moment so I can't quite pin everything down yet. If everything does come in on Monday then I should be getting this tank wet next Saturday.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Have you worked on how you want your RockScape set up?
That macro dry rock is such an amazing looking specimen....
Can't wait to see what you do with it. Very exciting :bounce:

Have you worked on how you want your RockScape set up?
That macro dry rock is such an amazing looking specimen....
Can't wait to see what you do with it. Very exciting :bounce:
I haven't worked it out yet. I plan on spreading it all out tomorrow and finding an arrangement that I like. That and painting the background on the tank are what I plan to have done by the end of the weekend.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Have you gotten a large RO-Di SW mixing container yet? And an extra pump fir mixing?
I use a Brute 30 gallon round w/lid that I bought at HomeDepot. Really wanted a white one but they didn't have white. Just so I could monitor it staying clean.
You might can just mix it in the tank since you aren't using live rock. Still you will need a container for WC after your tank cycles.
Just trying to think back to what I had to go get :winky:

Have you gotten a large RO-Di SW mixing container yet? And an extra pump fir mixing?
I use a Brute 30 gallon round w/lid that I bought at HomeDepot. Really wanted a white one but they didn't have white. Just so I could monitor it staying clean.
You might can just mix it in the tank since you aren't using live rock. Still you will need a container for WC after your tank cycles.
Just trying to think back to what I had to go get :winky:
For the short term I have some buckets to mix up the water once it is time to start filling. I plan on getting a couple of Brute containers in the next few weeks to hold fresh and salt water just to make things easy.

If u need any help setting things up I happen to be in Charlotte as well, my work schedule is weird but sometimes a hand helps a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Snelly I may take you up on that offer if things don't work out next weekend. I have a friend of mine coming to help (she's interested in saltwater too) and my fiance will be supervisor.

I think I am running into my first real problems with getting the tank set up. I just found that the cutout for the plumbing in the stand doesn't allow for the tank to sit completely on the stand and still line up. I am worried about the inch overhang in the back plus I hope that the tank mounts I bought for my lights will work in reverse to mount to the wall since there is no way the vertical rails will be able to be mounted to the tank with it like this. I also have about three packages that appear to be lost in the UPS system. Ground shipping is up to 5 days and after that I am going to have to contact the websites I bought these items from.