36" long with a pair of blackbox 3x55w LED

Squatch XXL

I have a question on orientating these 2 lights over my tank. I understand now why 3' long tanks are not all the rage.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/...llon-3-foot-pile-of-rocks.97121/#post-1328035

I have hooks with a "toggle" to hang this from the drywall ceiling. I plan on 2 hooks/unit....just to be safe. Mounting is piece of cake.

I am overthinking the orientation of the lights over the tank. Here is some chunks of info that is part of my process:

My tank is 36"x24"x24" (L X W X H)

Though my center brace is glass, I want to avoid it.

The 2 openings on the tank are 20" x 14-1/2". The back opening also has an extra inch or so of overflow box...so 20" x 13-1/2"-ish.

The lights measure 15-3/4" x 8-1/4". They are generic black box 3w x 55 led. Supposedly they do a 2' x 2' square of light.

I pondered adding a pair of 36" t5 for color if needed.

Finally:

I am thinking about mounting them "longways" above the tank. I think with 2 lights that this will give good even coverage for most of the viewing area. Ill have to add 24" t5 in between the lights IF I go this route.

This is my first adventure with led lights. Anyone with any similar experience with light orientations and/or this no-frills brand of light have any experience?

Thanks again everyone

Squatch XXL

nevermind. I got smart and put hooks in a way that I could hang the fixture either way without issue. Thanks for reading through my brain fart.