350g plywood build

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I asked for some quotes on 3/4". I think the 5/8" was so expensive because it's not a normal thickness and needed to be special ordered. We'll see what the 3/4" will cost. Lol I didn't think the glass would be the most difficult item to procure. Go figure..
This is what I was going to say......too much of a difference for 1/8" so something else had to be at play there.......i'll be tagging along!

carlfike

Tap is an understatement, my glass has to survive flying Tonka trucks! Yes, the metal ones.
Congrats on the twins, Mine turn 4 in a couple months, thank God! 3 is rough.
Lol twins are definitely a challenge. It's been fun for the most part. I haven't had a tank set up since Feb of 2014. Now that they are older and things have calmed down I'm really looking forward to getting back into the hobby. I have the big plywood in the works and two 40g breeders. One planted fresh and the other a zoa only tank I think.

Pat24601

Tap is an understatement, my glass has to survive flying Tonka trucks! Yes, the metal ones.
Congrats on the twins, Mine turn 4 in a couple months, thank God! 3 is rough.

My twins are 2. My wife isn't going to like hearing that 3 is tough.

So far, the most my tank has survived having that metal vacuum cleaner tube with the vacuum cleaner head smacked into it with a pretty good wind up.

I'm really not sure my tank is going to survive the next two years, but I'm aware of it and I'll deal with it when it happens.

Last edited:

StirCrayzy

Hate to burst her bubble Pat, I think the old "terrible 2's" theory is off by a year these days.
Every one we've had, we were so relieved making past the 2nd year thinking we were in the clear only to have yr 3 hit hard. Personality development and potty training really take a toll.

Desmond

Have you decided to go with the 3/4 " glass ? For a build this size if it was me i would spend the extra as peace of mind in the future will be allot better. Why worry if something will do when you can have the peace of mind knowing it will be perfect.