30 gallon salt water new set up..

Peacock

Hi there just starting a new 30 gallon system. Had sold my 150 because I thought I was moving...well I didn't move and heart broken I sold my tank but decided to try my hand at a small 30 gallon and see how it goes. .here to pick your brains and soak up info. :) still pretty new to the hobby about 3 yrs of salt water under my belt and wow. .so much to learn. .but so much fun! Just put about 30 lbs of live sand in. .about 25 lbs of live rock. . (I know I need more)I just didn't see any thing cool enough at the store. .experimenting with a marineland bio wheel hob filter.and have a circulation pump going. Still need a hob protein skimmer. .trying to see how it goes with no refugium...read alot of people who like their tanks without them. .planning on doing sps's way down the road after cycling done and parameters are good. Gotta go get some decent led lights
anyway ..just started her up tonight... :) can't to finish the cycle! ...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Sounds like you are off to a nice start !