24 Gal nano cube need a skimmer ?

Tha DJ

HI All,

I have a 24 gal jbj nano cube, and I cant find a skimmer for it that will fit this tank. So My question is, can this tank run without a skimmer and still be healthy and happy ?

It is a new setup and i am cycling it a the moment.

Should I sell this tank and get the bigger 28 gal JbJ nano cube ? this one has space for a skimmer etc...

Thanks !!!

Wade

KristenB

Hello Wade.
I have a 14 gallon biocube, and I do not have a protien skimmer in my aquarium. All of my critters seem to be quite happy, and my corals are thriving. I think that the biggest issue I face without a protien skimmer is that my nitrate levels like to hang out around 20-40ppm. I counteract these nitrates by performing weekly 20 percent water changes. You will continue to learn new tricks that work well for you along your journey, and good luck tou you! I recently added chaeto algae into the middle compartment of my bio, and it has helped to lower my nitrate levels!

Tha DJ

Howdy,

Thanks so much for your input, this will indeed help me make an informed choice on which route to go for, Perhaps I should stick with the tank I have and make it work... i will have my housekeeping in order and make sure my weekly water changes are done.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
can you post a pic of what the chambers in the back of your tank look like? i have the 28 and am able to fit a skimmer.

Tha DJ

yes I can upload a pic. But its a 24 gal not a 28gal. My question was should I sell my 24 Gal for a 28gal that is able to run a skimmer...