2 Months to Live

kragon

My tangs have only about 2 months to live because i had an expert on fish diesease and health come in(he was my science teacher) and say that there is nothing i can do but wait for them to die. He says that the malnutrion on top of bad water quality means no hope. I have been trying to get them both up and it seemed to be working but i guess it was too late for my tangs.:waa:

Vancouverman

Feed them Nori everyday. Feed them mysis soaked in selcon or vitamins. Buy some Rods fish formula food. Dont give up yet. I have seen them bounce back.

Jay

rmlevasseur

No. I don't believe it. If they have two months and don't show any signs now of disease, then you have two months to get them happy. I don't pretend to be an expert, but I have yet to meet anyone that can diagnose a fish to two months. Its almost ludicrous. Are they eating? If so, enrich with selcon, feed Nori, and improve the water. You do this, no way they both die in two month. NO WAY.

PaulR

Snort! Fish are incredibly resilient. Get the water quality up fast (lots of small water changes) and feed 'em good stuff - see the recommendations above.

I've never seen anyone able to judge fish health in terms of "months". I would take that with a very large grain of salt.

-Paul

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
The respect you have for your science teacher is admirable, but please explain what makes your science teacher an expert in these matters?

From some of your previous posts, I suspect that this is multifactorial encompassing water quality, as well as nutritional issues.

I am assuming that your teacher meant if the tangs were left in your tank for 2 months without proper maintenance and nutrition, they would be dead. Much can be done in two months to improve their quality of life!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Many have said similar things but I think Scott said it best with . . .

I am assuming that your teacher meant if the tangs were left in your tank for 2 months without proper maintenance and nutrition, they would be dead. Much can be done in two months to improve their quality of life!

cbrownfish

Focus on feeding Nori soaked with a vitamin supplement like Selcon and feeding fresh macro algae like the various Caulerpa species. Too much protein in the diet of an herbivorous fish is counter productive.