180 watt maxspect razor

saxon pila

I have a rsm 250 im running the new 180 watt razor 15k. Looking to sea if anyone is using these lights and what there setting are at.

DaveK

When it comes to lighting no on can really give you the settings you are going to want for your own tank, even if they are using identical equipment.

Variations such as aquascape, corals being kept, algae control, and personal preference all come into play. This makes each tank different.

The good news is that you can start in the middle some place and adjust things up or down until you get what you want. To start, I'd set all the LED channels to about 80% of max, and a photo period of about 9 hours and adjust as needed.

DaveK

Nah, Radion 4G PRO. The best

Obviously you either bought these or want to get them. To make such a statement, and not back it up kind of shows a lack of credibility, don't you think?

There are a lot of good LED manufacturers out there.

Culichor

Obviously you either bought these or want to get them. To make such a statement, and not back it up kind of shows a lack of credibility, don't you think?

There are a lot of good LED manufacturers out there.
bought it ;) 3 pieces, 1 for my 130d and 2 for my c250 AND I'M A HAPPY PUPPY

mtamorrow

Here is my IM30L under a maxspect razor
9247be1730500d657564e8879231695e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

Here is my IM30L under a maxspect razor...

This is a good looking reef, but the lighting suffers from trying to do too much with a single fixture. Note the bright center, and the very dim ends. Think about how much better the tank would look with even lighting.

mtamorrow

This is a good looking reef, but the lighting suffers from trying to do too much with a single fixture. Note the bright center, and the very dim ends. Think about how much better the tank would look with even lighting.
You are absolutely right DaveK. This is my 1st attempt at reefing and if could restart, I would be smarter. I'm 14 months into it now and am looking to go bigger and not spend much more on this current tank.

About the light I have. I like it because corals and nems are growing and doing well. LPS and zoa's only. 1 easy SPS stick that was given to me.

I can change out the reflectors to 120 degree and get full even coverage. But the corals I now have at the dimmer ends of my tank seem to really like what they have so I don't want to change
4b90550b5f2528ef09da6efeaebee895.jpg

I'm just trying to show the OP that the razor works for me and what it looks like on a tank.

They also make them longer, and reflectors are changeable at $15 each.

Last edited:

DaveK

You can change out the reflectors or on other types of LED lighting, the lenses. It will improve things, but you'll still have the problem. LED lighting likes to go more of less straight down, so once you get out of the main coverage area things are going to be dim. The only way to really fix it is add more lighting, even if you don't run it all at 100%.

This is not something you got to do tomorrow, just something to think about for nest time.

mtamorrow

You can change out the reflectors or on other types of LED lighting, the lenses. It will improve things, but you'll still have the problem. LED lighting likes to go more of less straight down, so once you get out of the main coverage area things are going to be dim. The only way to really fix it is add more lighting, even if you don't run it all at 100%.

This is not something you got to do tomorrow, just something to think about for nest time.
Thanks DaveK

I will remember that when I start planning out my next tank. I didn't quite understand it that way.

Culichor

Let's see here. 6 posts. Per profile they "live in the ocean", and they are 105 yrs old.

I would agree credibility is an issue!

Do you like to see a video dedicated to you on this topic? But dont be offended then... ;) And you MUST offer me an apology after in public, Deal? ;) Waiting for your answer! I'm reefing for 6 years now, Salud amigo...So I know a THING OR 2, Nice tank!!

Last edited: