$149 FOR A REEF RADIANCE STARFIRE!

Discussion in 'Reef Radiance' started by Reef Radiance, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Reef Radiance

Reef Radiance RS Sponsor

1. FOR A LIMITED TIME - WE ARE SELLING THE REEF RADIANCE STARFIRE WITH A REGULAR RETAIL PRICE OF $349 FOR $149 - YES ONLY $149!!!

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND YOU CAN SEE HOW AND WHY WE ARE SELLING THIS FULLY PROGRAMMABLE LIGHT BELOW COST.

TIME AND NUMBER OF LIGHTS AT THIS WHOLESALE PRICE ARE LIMITED - SO CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK IT OUT!

http://reefradiance.com/special-quoted-pricing.html

Thanks for looking!

The Team at Reef Radiance

2. IanReefer

IanReefer Member

I thought red LEDs in fixtures caused algae issues? Even if it is just one, let alone 3.

Just wondering.

3. DaveK

DaveK Well-Known Member

This is not necessarily true. Some algaes do love red light, but there are many other factors involved. In a case like this the red LEDs are used so you get a more or less balanced spectrum.

Some LED fixtures operate the red LEDs on their own channel, so you could turn just those off. I don't think the Reef Radiance can do this. However, if you really think the red LEDs are an issue it is easy enough to block them using black tape over places where they show through.

4. Reef Radiance

Reef Radiance RS Sponsor

Hi Ian, I was sure I responded to this when you posted it - apparently I did not. I apologize. The red spectrum of visible light - approximately 650 - 700 nanometers - plays an important role in the production of Chlorophyll a and Chlorophyll b - two bio-active pigments critical in photosynthesis. All plants will grow with the the correct spectrum of lighting - my experience is that nuisance algae is usually the product of high nutrient levels in your aquarium - especially phosphates. We have 6 of the Stafire over a Marineland 300 Gallon Deep Dimension Reef tank and have no nuisance algae.

Hope this helps.

Rick

5. Reef Radiance

Reef Radiance RS Sponsor

Hi DaveK,

Thanks for the post and you are absolutely correct - another use of the red spectrum is to balance out the look of an aquarium - without a red or green or yellow your tank can look awful blue and unnatural.

Rick

6. IanReefer

IanReefer Member

I see your point. Thanks for clarifying. At least until I personally can run pristine water 100% of the time, I think I'll be avoiding red LEDs. Is there anyone here who can maintain perfectly pristine water all the time? I need all the help I can get. I've been running LEDs without reds since 2008, and never had trouble growing corals amazingly fast. You'd think a detrimental lack of spectra would have shown itself by now right?