█ █▀▀ A R C • L a g o o n ▀▀▀▀███ ► Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

Wolffman64

Fanthrprthtastic! Sorry, hard to speak with all the drool hanging out of my mouth...

Love the photo sequence, would be great to do it in an automatic sequence

nexodos

Thanks for all your likes and comments!!;).

Greg (or any admin ;)), can you please update post#1 with the new photos?...I don't know why, but doesn't show me the option "edit post" :confused:

Last edited:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Greg (or any admin ;)), can you please update post#1 with the new potos?...I don't know why but doesn't show me the option "edit post" :confused:

The forum only lets you edit your own posts for a certain amount of time so that's why you couldn't do it. I copied your pics from above and put them into Post #1 for you.

GregT

This is still my favourite RSM tank.
Very well designed, thoughtout, and stable!
I too cannot stop drooling :)
Cheers
Greg

Lochinvar

I have to say that to see photos of your tank made me finally take the steps towards getting the tank and start the living reef in our home. Showing your pics to my wife made me cross my final obsticle. I know you have 130 and 250 red sea max and both are just stunning.

You obviously very happy with rsm 250 but these days there is 250c or 400s or 500s or aqua reef 400, i am choosing in between one of those, would you recommend me any of them for absolute beginner?

I read somewhere that i should get as big tank as i can afford ? Is that your opinion too?

Thanks for answer and pls keep posting the photos, they're such a great teaser.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Lochinvar,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

When you get a tank, start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

I too started with a RSM 130D & then wanted more room as my corals grew out & more fish, so I upgraded from 34 gallons to 66 gallons... and I do dream of the S series (110, 135, 175 gallons) from time to time :dance:

One thing to consider... is the budget, once you fill the tank up with corals one can almost have as much in livestock as the cost of the tank so think exponentiation ;) and the maintenance of the bigger tanks do require more sw (saltwater) 10-15% weekly water changes are common, that's maybe 5 gallons on a 130D, 10 gallons on 250 & 27 gallons on the largest S series. Hope this helps, sure nexodos & others can offer you some good advise too :)

nexodos

One thing to consider... is the budget, once you fill the tank up with corals one can almost have as much in livestock as the cost of the tank so think exponentiation ;) and the maintenance of the bigger tanks do require more sw (saltwater) 10-15% weekly water changes are common, that's maybe 5 gallons on a 130D, 10 gallons on 250 & 27 gallons on the largest S series. Hope this helps, sure nexodos & others can offer you some good advise too :)

+1 :)
Also keep in mind that you will need a lot of "extras" like wave pumps, dosing pumps for the balling, RO water, temperature controller, chiller, etc, etc....Bigger tank, bigger problems ;)

grantd

Amazing tank!!!
Just cant stop look at your pics...
I also do NSW changes & have had tons of people say that this causes huge problems with DOC etc, so really glad to find the most amazing RSM 250 tank ever with NSW changes. On the RSA East coast our NSW Dkh is sometimes in the low 7's, so I have been advised to up the Alk before changing - do you do that?
Also with all the corals growing out the back & without a sump, can you please explain how you do the 20% changes every 2 weeks?

Wolffman64

I have to say that to see photos of your tank made me finally take the steps towards getting the tank and start the living reef in our home. Showing your pics to my wife made me cross my final obsticle. I know you have 130 and 250 red sea max and both are just stunning.

You obviously very happy with rsm 250 but these days there is 250c or 400s or 500s or aqua reef 400, i am choosing in between one of those, would you recommend me any of them for absolute beginner?

I read somewhere that i should get as big tank as i can afford ? Is that your opinion too?

Thanks for answer and pls keep posting the photos, they're such a great teaser.

Agree with all the answers you got. I have the 500 and I love the tank, and even though I have done quite a few mods, the tank is still a great set-up as standard. If you can afford the add-ons, the 500 is probably a slightly better balanced tank than the 400 due to the better proportioned sump, but the 400 is also a superb tank.

nexodos

Amazing tank!!!
Just cant stop look at your pics...
I also do NSW changes & have had tons of people say that this causes huge problems with DOC etc, so really glad to find the most amazing RSM 250 tank ever with NSW changes. On the RSA East coast our NSW Dkh is sometimes in the low 7's, so I have been advised to up the Alk before changing - do you do that?
Also with all the corals growing out the back & without a sump, can you please explain how you do the 20% changes every 2 weeks?

Thank you Grantd!

I do not understand why the corals should have any kind of problem if you collect the water avoiding run-off and other pollution sources, after all, it's their natural environment and they have been millions of years living in it.

Where I live (Canary Islands), S.G. is between 1028 and 1030, and alkalinity it's about 7.3ºdKh. I maintain my 2 tanks in 8ºdkh (near the value of the NSW). For the water changes I use a pump and refill the both tanks from the sump to avoid sand stoms ;), and the corals remain without water during this time that lasts about half an hour, they secrete a mucus that protects them.

mcc21

I just got my RSM 250, and been snooping around this site for ideas. Your tank is the best tank I seen so far!! amazing progress and colors. I shown my friends your tank, nobody believed it was real hahaha

nexodos

Thank you mcc21!!! :thumbup:

...A very short video of the ARQ-Lagoon with 2.5 years old.... promise I will do a longer one ;)
[video=youtube;GLQy1e25DVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQy1e25DVM[/video]