█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Joeys Tank

Oh yeah Joey. My Orp hangs out around 460-470. Not sure how normal that is. Sometimes I think my probe is broken.

Mine is sitting around 440-450. Stability is what I am looking for in the reading. I had an event occur in the tank one evening. I discovered it by checking my readings in the morning over a cup of coffee. pH dropped from 8.4 to 8.0 and ORP jumped from 435 to 455 at the same time. I used this to determine the time my fromia starfish climbed into my return pump :)

Joeys Tank

Just finished blowing stuff off of the rocks. ORP dropped from 440 down to 335. Back up to 405 after an hour.

salty23

Guess 450+ is the norm. Thanks for confirming.

On a side note I'm thinking of adding some led supplement to my t5s for some pop and color any suggestions.

salty23

440ish is considered the benchmark for good water.

...stupid auto correct

Thanks Mike, Glad that mine is always over 440+ then.
Its weird.... the longer I don't water change the ORP keeps going up and up.... strange?

Lexinverts

Thanks Mike, Glad that mine is always over 440+ then.
Its weird.... the longer I don't water change the ORP keeps going up and up.... strange?

I'm not sure how those probes work, but what you are describing seems intuitive to me. The longer you wait, the more nitrates and other organic nutrients in your water that can be oxidized....thus, the greater the potential.

salty23

New goodies came in today, hopefully get installed this weekend.

You guys think 4 of these bad boys will be enough? :O

Excited for the Gyre effect!

Choff

Ummmm salty... Return 2 of them. What makes you think you need 4? 1 is really all you need. 2 will be nice when the advanced controller comes out and you can sync them.

These move a TON of water

...stupid auto correct

salty23

Ummmm salty... Return 2 of them. What makes you think you need 4? 1 is really all you need. 2 will be nice when the advanced controller comes out and you can sync them.

These move a TON of water

...stupid auto correct
Ahaha I saw a thread. 1 in each corner. No more dead spots maximum flow? I'll try one first then add up. I was going to toss one into the frag tank :)

Hoping to get rid of all other power heads. Think that's possible?

salty23

New FTS before I install the Gyre's this weekend. Tank might be ripped apart after!

1046c6eece2e64d331e1cc9c2b054679.jpg

618fb38541c210d86ce85f827ad40da1.jpg

Enjoy.

Choff

Ahaha I saw a thread. 1 in each corner. No more dead spots maximum flow? I'll try one first then add up. I was going to toss one into the frag tank :)

Hoping to get rid of all other power heads. Think that's possible?
You can easily get rid of the pH. I'm running the riptide and 2 PH. I shut off 2 mp40 and obviously 2PH. I kept 2 for 2 reasons. Variable flow and maintain flow in the rear chamber.

If you get rid of all 4 I would suggest tossing a small PH back there to prevent a dead spot.

I will mostly add a second when they roll out the advanced controller to be able to have them work together.

...stupid auto correct

salty23

From someone who has struggled the last couple of months with his Acans, I love your garden!
Thanks Joey. I'll take a better shot of some of the acans I have in my frag tank. They are growing super fast. Added a bunch more fish for higher nutrients.

salty23

You can easily get rid of the pH. I'm running the riptide and 2 PH. I shut off 2 mp40 and obviously 2PH. I kept 2 for 2 reasons. Variable flow and maintain flow in the rear chamber.

If you get rid of all 4 I would suggest tossing a small PH back there to prevent a dead spot.

I will mostly add a second when they roll out the advanced controller to be able to have them work together.

...stupid auto correct

I saw another guy with the red sea max complain that one was not strong enough. Here's the video review.

I'll definitely try one to start with this weekend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUB7HeTs7ZwRT0XgFRxWMOJg&v=jA6R-vU_yHE

...stupid auto correct

Choff

He is talking about reverse mode and it does suck. I run in pulse mode. The obvious issue there is unidirectional flow and why I kept 2 rear powerheads (with spinners) to give me variable flow. I also mount vertically and given that guys rock structure he should do the same.

...stupid auto correct

salty23

He is talking about reverse mode and it does suck. I run in pulse mode. The obvious issue there is unidirectional flow and why I kept 2 rear powerheads (with spinners) to give me variable flow. I also mount vertically and given that guys rock structure he should do the same.

...stupid auto correct
Choff. You think I should mount vertically or horizontally? I'm thinking right side of the tank as I have 2x mp40 on the left side of the tank on wave mode. Thanks