rsm130

1. D

RSM130D - Skimmer options

Hello all I am currently running a Tunze 9001 skimmer in the back of my RSM130D, but am really after a skimmer that surface skims. I know a lot of people run the media rack and tunze 9001/9002. but have taken out the media rack and am using a canister filter for running my mechanical filtration...
  2. J

rsm 130 rear sump question

The rear sump of my RSM 130 is level with water across all chambers with no movement. My question is, behind the gate (1st chamber) shouldn't the water have a "Waterfall" effect dropping water down into the chamber from the display section of the tank? I have a Media rack set up behind the gate...
  3. J

rsm 130 rear & main tank water level

I have the original Red Sea Max 130 (Not C or D). Has no side window to check water level. I have gone hoodless & keep the water level in the tank to the bottom of the black trim. My question is, for the water in the back of the unit, how high should it be? Mine is level with the tank water, is...
  4. J

Adjusting stock skimmer rsm 130. ANYBODY??

Original RSM 130 (not C or D) stock skimmer not skimming! This thing SUCKS wussup??! I know people just upgrade to a Tunze which is fine but I refuse to believe that red sea would put in a garbage skimmer that wont skim. Pumps are working, I can see bubbles being made up thru the skimmer, the...
  5. H

Rsm c130

Hi could anyone give me an idea of the import costs of a Steve's led upgrade to the uk and how up pay for the import duty thanks
  6. J

Tunze 9001 Skimmer RSM 130 installation

Original RSM 130. Stock skimmer not doin anything! Bubbles are being made and are just not reaching into the cup. Valve all the way open and still no dice. Heard the way to go on replacement was with a Tunze 9001. Has anyone installed this without a media rack? Or is a media rack required...
  7. J

Where to attatch kessil gooseneck?

Took the top off and have attached a Kessil gooseneck on the back of my RSM 130 next to the skimmer. I have it clamped to the plastic (not the tank) which is very thin and when I walk by the tank the kessil starts bouncing slightly. Is this a sturdy enough location? I know attaching it to the...
  8. J

Cant detach hood RSM130.

I must have an older version RSM 130. I took the pins out the hinges and the hood is completely free except I have a problem... The timer is built in & hard wired to the hood & the other end of the timer cable is hard wired into the built in RSM power strip. This cable is not allowing me to take...
  9. J

Questions on adding Kessil 360w to RSM 130

Hello all! My first official thread of many to come lol!. Ok so here goes.... 2 weeks ago I purchased a stock, used, up and running RSM 130. Has been up and running stocked with about 15lbs of live rock with no coral. (Yet) Yesterday I picked up a Kessil a360we with spectral controller and goose...