Search results

1. Varga

One year aniversary

2. Varga

Zebra Hermit outside the tank!

Found a dry hermit shell under my dining table, about 15 feet from the tank, then he poked his claw out. Throw him back in and he just went his merry way. Never happened before
  3. Varga

Zebra Hermit outside the tank!

Found a dry hermit shell under my dining table, about 15 feet from the tank, then he poked his claw out. Throw him back in and he just went his merry way. Never happened before
  4. Varga

HELP! Algae ID please

This annoying algae is difficult blow off, comes back within 48 hours or so. Only on SPS; mostly on birdsnest....so far.... Under microscope:
  5. Varga

Microscopic creatures in the reef tank

Just received a microscope for Christmas and would like to share some cool stuff. Here is SeaChem Stability 400x. What do you know; there is some life in there
  6. Varga

Instant cycle? Just add fish?

So I've been out of the hobby for a while and now sand can instantly cycle your tank? http://www.reefsand.com/
  7. Varga

Poll - Need help deciding on lighting

Bringing my cube back to life and hoping to get some help with my lighting decision.... Option 1: I already have the perfect size halide/compact combo fixture with a high end ballast; its old but works like a champ. I need to replace all three bulbs which will cost me roughly $90.00 every 10...
  8. Varga

Reef Video Thread?

Do we have a Thread specific to member videos?
  9. Varga

How often should I replace the actinics?

They are just supplementing MH (Phoenix 14000k). I hear a lot of folks say you dont even need actinic so I wonder how often they should be replaced.
  10. Varga

Vermetid Snail Eating its own web VIDEO

This guy is about 3/16" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5p1_ENWWk
  11. Varga

pump repair question

my Sedra 15000 skimmer pump ran dry while I was out of town. it is completely dead. Can these guys be repaired?
  12. Varga

ID Please

this thing is pretty big, wraps around this rock with zoas and it could be a coincidence, but he is coming out of a sponge at the base of the rock!
  13. Varga

Random photos :)

14. Varga

Reef Roids

anyone use this food before? Just dosed for the first time and I've never seen corals respond this quick. Everyone knows its time to eat ;D SPS are all sliming up and the Zoas looks very different. It looks like coral frenzy but more of a fine powder.
  15. Varga

Let's See Some SPS!

16. Varga

ID of wicked worm

This crazy looking thing showed up when I moved tanks. Wiggled around a bit and poked his head in the sand and was gone. sorry about the bad photo, tank was cloudy and camera could not focus. Looked like he has a base and may have been attached to something.
  17. Varga

Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

Hey folks, I'm back :D Ordering glass first thing in the morning for $100 believe it or not!! 3/8" glass. tank is 24 Tall x 24 Wide x 30 long. I'm thinking rimless but still researching. I just don't see how the silicone alone can hold these rimless tanks together?? Anyone?? I will be...
  18. Varga

Snail infestation!!!

Almost sure they are nerites. There's is literally thousands of them on rocks and tank walls. How normal is this and can they cause harm??!! I only put 6 adults in there last year.
  19. Varga

Snail ID please

There's about 20 on my glass!!