Search results

1. chicap29

We are moving, everything must go! Approx 200lbs of live rock, corals & fish

We have a toddler and a baby on the way, unfortunately no time for our tank. We are moving soon so we need to find a home for everything in our tank. We are located in Cleveland, Oh. Here's what we have: About 200lbs of live rock Quite a few of the live rock have corals on it, polyps...
  2. chicap29

My fish had Ich but how do I know its gone?

Happy New Year to All!!! We had to move the LR again to get the fish out but everything went well. We treated with Copper in a 55gal QTank. We treated for 3 weeks and lost 3 fish:( All looked good so we stopped treatment & they have been in the QTank since Dec 11th. Here's the Problem...
  3. chicap29

I have Ich & now might need to

My 90 gal reef tank is set up the way I like it BUT now I might have have to take it all apart!! I bought a couple fish last week and they both looked fine but now all my fish have ich! I have added a Fox Face and Purple Dotty back, along with my Yellow tang, Coral beauty maroon & common...
  4. chicap29

Monaco-Style Aquarium

I read about this in the Natural Reef Aquariums book and am thinking of changing my reef tank to it. Has anyone tried or have this setup? Any Suggestions? Thanks!
  5. chicap29

What level of substrate is good?

I have to reset up my tank because of my underwater filter. I'm going to take it out but have to remove all my LR and fish. Right now I have about 4 inches of crushed coral on the bottom, but have heard that you only need a finger nails depth. Any recommendations? Should I use anything else...
  6. chicap29

Hello all, I'm new here & to tank life!

I have a 125 gallon fresh water tank that's doing great. And I have a 90 gal saltwater tank. They have been cycled for a few months now. My Saltwater has about 20 pounds of live rock, a cleaner shrimp, yellow tang, coral beauty, 2 clowns, 2 sargent majors and 5 black molly's. I also have a...
  7. chicap29

I need help with my GBTA??

About once every other day my GBTA deflates, I can his mouth open, then goes back to normal. I've been reading that seeing an open mouth is bad but how do you help them? I will try to save some pic's of him on my gallery.
  8. chicap29

PureWater Aquarium 6stage 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Water Filters

Does anyone know if this is a good buy or not?
  9. chicap29

Adding new water to the aquarium. Phosphates??

I have a 90 gal. saltwater aquarium. It has about 120 pounds of live rock in it. I'm having a problem keeping the phospates out of the water. I have a phoslock granual in the water now. But it seems like every time I have to add water to the aquarium the phosphates come back. I have a whole...
  10. chicap29

Blue BTA moving or dying?

I have a Blue BTA, I believe its a Sebea but when I bought it the Salesperson didn't know. Well we have about 120 pounds of live Rock and we have placed it on a few of them but he won't stay on them. I have left him on the bottom of the tank but now his bottom keeps puffing up and going back...