Search results

1. sirrealism

Puzzled about tests I'm getting

I would be getting it tested by your LFS. Something is not right.
  2. sirrealism

Ugly Tank Contest 6 - Your momma says your tank is ugly

Oh if I would have known that bubble algae with aips would be a winner I got this one. The aips are all over my clams. i will post some pics of it.
  3. sirrealism

Ugly Tank Contest 6 - Your momma says your tank is ugly

WOW guys. I have a couple pics of when i got home from Vaca but I didnt take great pics that show everything. I will put them up even though they dont show how bad it was If I would have known there were ugly tank contests I would have taken much better pics
  4. sirrealism

Start up Q's

What is your end goal? Fish only or keep corals? This makes a difference in what we would suggest.
  5. sirrealism

My 34g Solana build

Oh not to mention the coast to coast overflow you made out of glass. Thats were I got my idea to do it from.
  6. sirrealism

My 34g Solana build

Ya right. It was a really nice set up. You had all the right equipment. God you spent months and months on that DIY light. Had one of the baddest skimmers made. The tank was brand new TWICE! Ya it was a heap
  7. sirrealism

My 34g Solana build

Oh ya he prob will sell it before any issues anyway. Mike "Carzyeyes" has admited to me that he really enjoys the build more then having a full running system. His last system took about 6 months and it was full for maybe 2 weeks then broke it down and sold it all off.
  8. sirrealism

New to RS

Dont get to used to this tank. He will break it down and sell it off before you know it!!! LOL You know I had to do it Mike. You set me up!! Tank is looking good and right now I really dont have much in the lines of nice Zoas for sale at the moment.
  9. sirrealism

Reefs2go

I said Tampa because most know where that is and lots of people dont know where clearwater is. I live right in Clearwater last time I tried to use them. What a waist
  10. sirrealism

Harlequin Tusk Reef Compatable

I have one and yes it does eat shrimp but has left my hermits and snails alone so far. I have had him for about 6 months. The other thing he eats is bristle worms which I found odd but he does it. He will go and dig under a rock for a few seconds then come out with a bristle worm hanging out of...
  11. sirrealism

A whole bunch of critters

Ok on the flat worm yes it is. Do you have any wrasses? If so they will prob take it out. I cant help on the nudi as I dont know the differences between good one or bad. The starfish? I am not a fan of these but most are not an issue. The bristle worm is considered by most as a good part of a...
  12. sirrealism

Newbie!

Welcome to the addiction! Lots of great people her to help you.
  13. sirrealism

HELP! Disappearing fish

Are your corals mounted to the rock? If not I would take the rock out a few pieces at a time and put them in a 5 gallon bucket with fresh RODI water in it for about 1/2 an hour. Should not hurt the bacteria on the rock and should force out an hitch hiker. I might be wrong on this and I hope...
  14. sirrealism

HELP! Disappearing fish

Where did you get the rock? I would think you have a hitchhiker thats eating your fish.
  15. sirrealism

HELP! Yellow tang pale!

Agree ^^^^ Its pretty normal when they are stressed
  16. sirrealism

Triggerjay's Glass Box

Red sea blue buckets Alk is about 8 so that might help. Go to WWC and have a look. amazing place but when you see the prices head back to your favorite fish store and spend your money there. There display is amazing. 8 is a fine number for your PH. I would use a lower alk salt and slow down on...
  17. sirrealism

Hi

Welcome to the addiction. Lots of great people here to help you on your way.
  18. sirrealism

My bio reef

Welcome. Very nice tank you have. I like the past to present pics. great job
  19. sirrealism

Vacation Care Advise

LOL ok so my wifes mother passed. We had to go to PR to handle everything. I had my friends daughter stay at the house. I showed her exactly how much to feed and were to get top off water. I dont have ATOs on all of my tanks as I have 5. I shower her where the cubes were and that just one per...
  20. sirrealism

Got this all over my rock and sand!!

Nice to see a local on the site. I am in Hudson. I have lived in Spring Hill before. Had my auto repair shop in Spring Hill.