Search results

1. N

HELP! Need help with my yellow tang.

Hi, I've had this yellow tang for seven months now in a 100 gallon tank. It has always done well, very active and readily takes food. A little over a month ago I saw some white scrapes on both sides of the fish near its tail. A little concerning, but I figured it just scraped itself against...
  2. N

HELP! Overwhelmed beginner. Dinos and coral not looking good.

Hi, My Reefer 350 is approaching four months of age (3 months since livestock first added) I have a handful of soft corals, and a few fish. My tank was in its "ugly" phases but it was still exciting to me to see my corals growing and visibly spreading to nearby rock. My nitrates were pretty...
  3. N

HELP! ID this algae, please.

Beginner reefer with a newish tank here. (about three months old) Can I please get an ID on this algae? Not sure what else it could be besides green hair algae, but I'm not very familiar with algae types yet. This stuff is just completely taking over and showed up a week or so after my diatom...
  4. N

Is this Uronema?

Uronema or just a scrape? Fish was in quarantine for a couple weeks prior so I wouldn't think it would be uronema? But it still has me uneasy. I can say with certainty that this wasn't on the fish yesterday. There is also zero redness to it like I see in the pictures of uronema. It darts...
  5. N

HELP! Beginner needs help with first coral

Hi, Beginner reefer here. Tank has been running for about 50 days now. I only have two clowns and a lavender mushroom coral in the tank. I wanted to start with a relatively cheap and hardy coral to see how it does before I even consider adding additional coral. A portion of the coral looks...
  6. N

HELP! Ocellaris Clowns won't eat...

Hi, I'm a beginner hobbyist. My tank just finished its cycle about a week ago so I decided to add a couple of captive-bred ocellaris clowns from LiveAquaria. The clowns have been in my tank for three days now and just aren't eating. I've tried frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis shrimp, New Life...
  7. N

HELP! Powerhead for Reefer 350?

Hi all, I'm planning out a build with a Reefer 350 that I'm looking to pull the trigger on very shortly after the holiday season. I pretty much have all my equipment choices solidified by now, but I just can't decide on powerheads for this aquarium. For those unfamiliar with the dimensions of...
  8. N

HELP! Beginner looking for feedback.

Hi, I'm very new to the hobby and I'm very excited (and also a little bit nervous...) to jump into the reefing world. But, before I spend thousands of dollars on equipment, I wonder if any experienced hobbyists would be willing to provide me feedback on my equipment choices? Tank: Red Sea...
  9. N

Plumbing Question.

Disregard this post. Can't figure out how to delete.