Search results

1. K

Urchins Breeding ( photo's )

This is the 3rd time in 1 1/2 months. First time to get it on camera.
  2. K

Snake Polyp ( Isaurus tuberculata )

Hi Does anyone have any info or experience with Snake Polyp ( Isaurus tuberculata ). Very little info on Internet other than related to zoa's/palyzoa's. Slow growing and require feeding. Any help / info greatly appreciated.
  3. K

Best and The Worst of Live Rock

Just a bit of daft discussion, What is the best thing that you have got from your live rock and what is the worst. I am asking as I must be the unluckiest so an so. I must have 250kg + of live rock between my tanks and the best I have got off my rock is a few plain zoas, a few types of...
  4. K

New Tanks

Hi, Just a general question. How long would you take before adding clam to a new setup. Obviously cycled. All params are ok Good lighting Plenty of live rock The tank is good to go. What are your opinions Thanks
  5. K

Fragging Bali Xenia

Above is a Bali Xenia I fragged about a month ago ( roughly ). This was fragged by cutting at the base where it was already splitting naturally. I have fragged from polyps, which works but quite slow growing. Do you think it would be possible to cut through trunk vertically to create 2 or...
  6. K

What is the difference

I was in a LFS today and a man was asked if his sps corals were dying from the base or from the tips. WHY????. What is the difference. ???? Could someone explain to me. Thanks
  7. K

Can you help I.D

The first coral was sold as a moon coral. I am querying a Diploastrea ???? The second picture is of a free coral that came on another coral. I apologise for the quality but I am unable to get a closer pic. ( macro lens too expensive at minute for digi SLR ) The polyps are bright green and...
  8. K

Feedng Zoa's

Hi If you directly feed your zoas how often do you feed them. Been havng a few health problems lately so my wife went and bought a couple as a suprise cheer up present. I know they are classed as a beginners coral but to put it bluntly they have never interested me. UNTIL NOW. Placed in...
  9. K

What Kelvin rating do you all use

Hi all, just wondering what Kelvin ratings you use on your reefs and are you happy with the result on your reef. If not what you like to go for. Are they MH/T5/PC or other. Also what do you kepp under your lighting ie softies, hards or a mixture. I have 110 watts T5 Deltec Aquablue+ which...
  10. K

Hello

Hello to everyone, Just found this site and it looks a very friendly and informative place. My Reef is 120g (uk gallon ) It is an Aqua Medic 120. 300 watts metal halide 14000k 110 watts T5 Aquablue+ ( 60/40 mix of 6000k and 22000K ) Deltec mce 600 skimmer 30x water turnover Aqua...